Heart of Ice - Sanemi

Sanemi clenched his fists, his nails drawing blood as he watched her from afar. She smiled, a harmless little smile, and his heart jumped. His nails dug further in anger, knowing that smile was directed only to someone else.

  Why is she smiling at that bastard?

  "Oi!," He called out, walking up to them. His white hair bounced with every step he took to the pillars, gaze focused on the woman wearing the white haori. The woman with the same snowflake hairpin in her hair that he gave to her. "What are you doing here, shitface?"

  "U-uh," Tanjiro jumped with a stutter. "Nice to meet you, Sanemi-san.. again..!"

   "Get the fuck out."

    "Uh.."

    "I said: get the fuck—-"

     "Sanemi." She said his name like a chilling whisper, goosebumps trailing down his spine when they made eye contact. Her (e/c) hues staring down into his coldly, just like their first meeting. Only that she wasn't covered in blood.. nor was there dust of a fallen demon behind him.  "Tanjiro, you are dismissed."

   They kept eye contact, even once the boy had left.

   "Sanemi."

   He looked away.

    "You are aware that I don't recip—-"

    "I know, dammit."

    "Then," She began, walking away from him. "You know that what I do with other men is none of your business."

  And just like that, she vanished in a burst of ice.

  And just like that, he was reminded that the woman he was infatuated with was one of ice. The one woman whose heart was that of snow.

  The one who did not love him back.

   Who couldn't love him back.

    [Name] [Last Name] was the only ice-based slayer in the entire world. The only one who had a time timing curse on her because of the one demon who started it all. The one, who he once called 'fiance'.

   And now, it's like they never planned a marriage together.

  Or that they fell in love.

[Name]. Everything about her made his heart ache, and he hated it. Her eyes, her voice, her lips, her laugh. He loved it all. It was sickening, and there is nothing he can do to change it.

The memory of her smile was now a burning cut in his heart. He knew from the start he couldn't have her, but that didn't change the fact that it hurt.

He should've never let her into his heart.

He was never good enough.

He could never of protected her.