Blank - Giyu

Requested by Beatrianna !

Swords clashed against eachother, curving or being pushed forward by their holders. They leapt away from eachother before flickering beside eachother. The sound of blades clashing echoed throughout the clearing— followed by the soft sound of rushed footsteps and quiet heavy breaths.

(Name) held her sword with two hands against another that roughly pushed against hers, panting lightly. Slight sweat ran down her forehead, lips pursed together in concentration— her arms beginning to ache and muscles staring to yield in exhaustion. Her cheeks had yet to redden and a blank face adorned her.

She skidded back lightly before lifting a leg and aiming to kick him, to which he hastily leapt away from her avoiding both her kick and sword.

"Give up."

His voice was calm, husky due to the fact he too, was beginning to feel the ache of muscles. His black hair was out of place and just like his opponent, perspiration dripped down his temple. His brows had furrowed slightly in his tired state — yet just like her, he didn't show it on his face.

"No, you give up."

Giyu's blue eyes widened slightly when she clicked her fingers, flames appearing at the end of fingers as she ran towards him with her sword. The bright fire framed the blade like a rope, shining with the colour of the rising sun. The colour reflected in his deep, sharp pools of navy.

He thrust near her head and she ducked before aiming a fiery punch at his head. Giyu only narrowly avoided it and leapt with his sword. She turned when she saw the glow of the blade and lifted her leg, aiming to kick it— only for her to lower it when he jumped back.

"You're injured, (Name)-san." Confusion rang through the (h/c)-haired girl and she titled her head to the side in question. What? Her (e/c) hues looked past her shoulders before she nodded her head in understanding.

A colour not unlike blood stared back at her.

She sighed softly, returning her sword to its case at her waist— seeing her sparring partner do the same. (Name) blinked in defeat, looking down ever so slightly. "You won Giyu-san."

He nodded at her before looking down at her hand once more. That's when he saw it. The injury he gave her. A fine cut on her hand that ran from the top of her thumb down to her palm then ended at her pinky finger. Guilt filled his thoughts and he sighed quietly. He put a hand to her, "..Are you okay?.."

The (blonde,brunette, ginger etc) looked up with slight shock on her face before she turned away in embarrassment, very pale pink dusting her ears and cheeks. "I'm fine Giyu-san."

He mumbled something under his breath which she couldn't hear before shoving his arms under her knees and back making her gasp, flustered.

  "What are you doing?.."

He only looked ahead, his face stoic. "Carrying you."

She tapped his shoulder, "Please put me down."

He shook his head.

"No."

"Put me down."

"No."

"Put me down."

"Later."

With a sigh, she gave up and leaned against his chest— her head resting just below his chin.

"Giyu-san, thank you for today's spar."

"Hn."

He was glad she couldn't see the slight smile on his face.