CHAPTER 3 - NCIO

Over lunch, Alianna stuck with her words of bringing my food. I did nothing else besides try to analyze the words written on my notebook when she left the room. They still haven't made sense even though I knew it was some sort of message. Hopefully, I'd figure it out soon. If I could feel more secured around the director and doctor, I would probably try to open it up.

After I set the arm tray aside when I was done eating, I sat up straight to get comfortable. The teenager was increasing the room's temperature by adjusting the air conditioner since she saw me shaking from the cold even though I had long sleeves on. My mind suddenly remembered what she said earlier about the walls.

"Hey kiddo, I should try to check if you weren't just trying to scare me off about this whole room." I playfully called.

Her turned head to me like my words were suddenly foreign to her. My eyebrows met because I didn't quite understand what I said wrong. However, a smile crept up on her face like she was glad of what she heard.

"It's good to hear you call me that again. But just so you know, I'm a badass now. So I don't think that's appropriate anymore." She laughed.

It occurred to me that I just called her kiddo. I didn't know where it came from. The nickname just slid through my mouth. I wasn't fully aware why I did. Her height may seem average but she was right, it looked like she could take down a man twice her size. Yet her words gave out that it was something I used to do. I guessed that, unconsciously, I still had parts of my memories.

"Well, remind me to test that when I finish my training." I joked.

"Is that a challenge, Agent Drayson?" She quirked one of her eyebrows and put on a little smug.

"Maybe." I shrugged my shoulders.

We had a staring competition for a few seconds before we ended up snickering. Then she helped me off the bed as I held on to the IV stand until we were at the left side of the room. I stood in front of the small monitor attached to one end of the wall. Alianna instructed me to press my palm on the empty screen for it to be activated. My right hand slowly followed, and then I saw it lit up with a red light outlining my fingers.

When I pulled my hand back, at least more than half of the wall from the flooring was sucked in until my vision could no longer catch it. Below the remaining part of the wall, there was a faint light surrounding the floor before I heard a sound mimicking a laser. I looked carefully and I almost instantly retreated when the flooring began to reveal something. It didn't take long until a living area set, complete with a three-seater and two single-seater couches, a glass center table, a flat TV screen and a console, was being moved outside by the cushion wall until it was back into its previous place. Amazed would be an understatement for what I felt as I watched it assemble right in front of my eyes.

"You weren't kidding." I commented with shock painted on my face, which only made her chuckle.

She instructed that the set would vanish and go back to its storage if I press my palm on the screen again. I decided not to do it just yet because I enjoyed seeing the room become less empty. Instead of putting the living area set back, I did the same thing to the other wall. Later on, a black dining table with a glass top and four chairs appeared. They were all modern like the living area. I didn't know if I actually chose every furniture and the color scheme of the entire room, but to be honest, they all felt right to me.

My interest was taken by the wall left unrevealed. I didn't know what it was for when the living, dining, and bedroom were already activated. Alianna stayed silent as I walked closer to the wall. I didn't see any screen on either ends but as soon as my fingers touched the cushion, it opened like a double sliding door. Then I saw a shelf that stretched from flooring to ceiling. It contained a lot of framed childhood photos which I assumed were all me, books, DVDs, and some board games.