CHAPTER 10 - INTENTIONS

My eyes struggled to open as I started to wake up. It took a while before I had a clear vision of the familiar lights of my room. I was lying on my bed, and I looked down to my left hand when I felt a slight sting. The person beside me jumped to the sudden gasp I released, yet soon relaxed when she saw that I was awake.

"Agent Drayson." Alianna called as she stopped damping the cotton, wet with anti-infection medicine, on my nearly healed cut. "You okay?"

With her question, I tried to survey my body and everything I was feeling. Besides that my body was exhausted, and I could feel pain on my left cheekbone and waist, I was fine. Then it was when all that happened fully occurred to me. My last test. I didn't know exactly what to feel about it. I was having a mixture of anger, fear, and pride.

"Call Bartlet and the other heads." I sternly ordered the teenager, no longer bothering to answer her concern.

She slightly sighed. "I will. Just after I wrap a bandage around your hands." She said.

I didn't argue anymore and just waited for her to finish. Alianna kept glancing at me like she wanted to say something but she was stopping herself. Only silence echoed inside the room until she securely covered both of my palms.

The teenager stood up after clearing the used bandages and other medical items. I declined her offer to help when I sat up. My back comfortably settled on the cushioned headboard. I never met her eyes because I might explode and take out my frustrations on her. Yet before leaving the room, I accidentally looked at her orbs for a second when she stopped to face me again.

"Congratulations, by the way." She put on a genuine smile, but I only kept my head down. "For passing your final test, and for breaking your own record score."

Her last line caught my attention because I didn't know that there was even a standard to beat. I was about to speak but she was already on her way out.

I massaged my forehead with the back of my hand to calm myself down. There was a painkiller on my bedside drawer, which I figured Alianna left just in case I needed it. She knew I would. So eventually, I drank the medicine and half of the water in a glass next to it.

Then my mind took the peaceful time to recall the last thing I remember -- Riley's replica. I couldn't believe how real she looked and how precise her movements were, like she was an actual person. As if she was alive. It remained unknown to me as to why out of all the tests they could make me go through, they chose another trick. Another dirty play.

It was at least another five minutes or so when the door of my room opened again, revealing the director and heads. Instantly, my rage rose and before I knew it, I was on my feet. I ran to Bartlet to punch him in the face yet obviously, he anticipated my outburst and he was able to guard every hit.

"You tried to kill me!" I yelled as I continued hitting him, not paying attention to the pain growing on my palms.

"Calm down, Margaux." He firmly ordered.

The next thing I registered was an arm around my waist pulling me back while I shout. It was Rodrick's. I abruptly released myself and gave the man behind a solid kick on his stomach, which made him land on the edge of my bed.

"Margaux, please." Lyra's voice begged.

My head turned to face her with fire in my eyes. It made her instantly step back, even Ervy and Denver did who were about to try to stabilize me.

"I'm done with your stupid games!" I pointed a finger at her.

"Of course, you are. Because by tomorrow, you'll be outside chasing your real enemy." The doctor said as she kept her commanding tone.