Prologue

Masters of Evil, Princes of Light

The Goddess of Destruction and God of Might looked wearily on as the oracle continued staring them down. They knew there was no going back. For however cunning the goddess was, and how brave the god let on, they could not hide their sudden panic and fear. Nor could they hide from the future that was to come.

It was a few hours earlier when the God of Might felt the surge of pain in his deep slumber. He awoke to the burning kiss of a touch on his hand, to the cool whisper of a voice near his ear, and to the light air of power caressing his neck. The Goddess of Destruction was calling for him, and he was not going to ignore it. Not long after she asked for him, he was at her bedside with nothing to offer, but a lingering kiss of comfort on her pale lips.

He settled himself by holding her in his arms and stroking her swollen abdomen. For their sake, she didn't resist.

With his hand on the Goddess's stomach, he felt it. The pure energy that pumped from inside, the power that was pounding inside her very body. He could sense the life that dwelled under the protection of his beloved's skin. The god also felt the desire to be free, which came from the unborn child. It wanted out, and soon.

"Hmmm," the Goddess groaned through clenched teeth. She held tightly to the god's free hand while the other was on her stomach. "I feel him, and he wants out." Her eyes stayed tightly shut as she spoke, but the pain was unmistakable on her features.

The God squeezed back assuringly. "Soon, my love, soon you shall be released from this pain."

"Stay," she pleaded lightly. "Please stay."

He gazed down to find that she already had eyes on him. His body tensed as he stared into the very source of his existence. She was letting him see her in a way no one else shall ever see her, nervous and fearful. She was baring herself to him, as if they were making love for the first time again.

"Always," was his only reply.

She melted into him once more, clinging to him as every breath brought along more waves of pain. The only thing he could do was hold her against him. For all his achievements and experience, he had not a clue for this specific situation. If it were to win a battle or siege a whole kingdom, the god wouldn't hesitate. All he's known for is taking lives, to bring forward a life was out of his expertise.

It was silent until the Goddess gasped sharply. "It broke." She gazed down to her bedsheets and discovered them soaked with her fluids. The lower parts of her legs were glistening with the liquid.

And then the pain worsened. The female curled more into herself as nausea and torture took over her body.

The Goddess tightened her grasp on her lover. She knew it was going to be a difficult labor. No goddess was given the chance of birth and child so easily. Carrying the child for nine months was hard enough. She knew the physical toll it would take to deliver would be brutal.

She hoped she could make it through.

It was then that they felt the shift in the room. The atmosphere of the room transformed into something much more ancient, and blessed, than they were. It rippled in the large room, like a tsunami awaiting its crash. They knew then who the strange, familiar authority belonged to. Only the Oracle had such strengths to fill the capacity of a room, with nothing more but resilience and anger. It wasn't long before the Oracle appeared into the Goddess' chamber.

There they stayed, the Great Oracle staring angrily at the God of Might next to the Goddess of Destruction--his lover. Her thin shift hiding nothing from one's imagination, and certainly leaving her swollen abdomen bare to all eyes.