Chasing the bad feeling away

We agents like to stay professional at all times, but when it's needed even a guardian by themselves can bring the retribution and cut loose on any given evil emotion. With the right tools, we are forces to be reckoned with. Thankfully, we are equipped with those exact tools. 

We all come packed with weapons known as Heavenly Equipment. Each of them are blessed and empowered to specifically fight against evil emotions. The equipment comes in all forms: defensive, offensive, and practical. I have always liked the straight forward proccess and my Heavenly Equipment reflects exactly that. I can create any weapon of my choosing when fighting a malicious emotion. A perfect example of this is when I fought a case of Greed. An emotion like that is usually only found in the corporate bigshots brave enough to walk down the street, so I was quite suprised to find it in a man shaking in the corner of my usual dark alley. When I saw a dark yellow gas slowly float up out of his mouth, and a wicked smirk on the gas' slowly forming face; I knew that I would have to fight. I closed my eyes and fomed a mental connection with the emotion as I got ready. 

The way that a battle between a dark emotion and an agent of light goes down is like this: what you need to know is that it's all mental. It's much easier that way; no innocents hurt, no property damage, but still all the fun. Secondly, the different types of emotions will come at you in different ways. For a few examples, Anger and it's similar emotions will usually charge directly at you, so you better be ready for an onslaught. Fear will try to be stealthy and strike when you least expect it, keep your eyes open. Doubt can transform the battlefield around you and mess with your head, expect the unexpected or you wont get out. 

Greed is the type of emotion that will try to end a fight quickly just to search for more things, so It will  strike very fast. In my case, I need to match it's ferocity with my own. I need to increase my speed to keep up. Greed is my favorite emotion to fight for this reason alone. 

I open my eyes to a sort of limbo state. The battlefield completely empty, nothing to hide behind. I almost feel bad for the Greed. It appears in front of me with claws out and it's trademark eagerness in its eyes. I manifest two swords of light, and he starts to close the distance between us. I try to cut him low but he's smart and leaps over my head. I manifest a bow and arrows and try to pick him off from afar. I miss a few of the shots I take but one lands in his shoulder and knocks him off his feet. I move closer to see how I did, when he dissolves. After all the times that I have fought this emotion, this move is predictable. It will try to reappear behind my back and get me with a big downward slash of its claws. It is a smart idea, but it could never work on me. Knowing this, I wait a second and parry it's strike with a manifested dagger. Greed reels back, giving me the perfect oppurtunity. I move in and knock it to the floor. As it looks up all it sees is the bottom of an old western six-shooter aimed at it's forehead. As I pull back the hammer, all I can say is "better luck next time". A shot is fired and it's done. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. 

Next thing I know I'm back in my dark alley. The guy I healed looks confused. I get the urge to tell him what I did for him, but he'd never believe me. He runs in the other direction and I am alone, left to my own devices.