I fence with no Regrets

I never thought that I would openly welcome an encounter with a deadly emotion. Though with the situation happening now, I knew that wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen. I walked through the alley, looking for a fight. I heard a quiet voice to my left. "Why did I do that, why did I ever do that? I never meant for things to happen like this" I turned around and saw a small man. He was pacing back and forth, questioning himself, his voice getting louder and louder. He looked up and ran over to me, putting his hands on my shoulders and shaking me. He was yelling now. "Why did I do it? Why?"

I felt bad for the guy, he was completely overtaken by the evil emotion of Regret. He had probably forgotten about what he was even worrying about before. He let go and started to pace again, walking faster and faster, mumbling words to himself, and breathing in again and again. He then dropped to the ground, unconcious. After he was done hypervenilating a dark grey gas climbed out of his mouth. 

"You must know something about madness ruling over the world. Your gonna tell me everything"

"I don't know anything about it" The emotion replied with a sly smile and venom in it's voice.

I closed my eyes and the next second I was on the battlefield. "Madness wants to keep you alive, but I think that watching you die is just as bad as you living in the world of darkness we're going to rule" Regret said.

It made a sword and went into a fencing stance. I thought it was strange that, that was the weapon of it's choosing but I might of well had some fun when I was looking for information. 

I manifested my own sabre and lunged. I've always wanted to have a good ol fencing battle. I tried to hit Regret a few times but it parried the strikes with ease. I tried a quick jab to distract him and went into a big downward slash. It worked and I felt my blade dig into Regret's shoulder. I was about to feel victorious but right before I could, the sword went right through. 

So this emotion was pretty good. I would have to resort to smarter tactics. I jumped back and manifested a shield. I blocked Regret's jabs and smashed the shield into the emotion sending him back. 

I thought to send a few shots into it and a spear appeared in my hands. I pulled my arm back and threw the weapon at Regret. It missed by a few centimeters and landed lamely on the ground. "Really" "You missed m-"

The emotion couldn't finish it's sentence because it was in the middle of tasting my shoulder after I bashed Regret right in the face with it. It flew back and I had my arm on it's throat before it could take a full breath. 

"Tell me everything you know about the madness, now" I yelled at Regret."What makes you think I'll tell you" It replied, it's voice shaky. I continued. "I took you down just now, and you haven't even felt all the pain I could put you in yet. I'd be glad and willing to show you."

It broke. "Fine, fine, I'll tell you. Madness is trying to grow powerful enough to destroy the world and to remake it into a dark and terrible place. We emotions would strive, but no humans would survive the change. I'm only a small part of his group so I don't know anything else, I swear."

I got what I was looking for. "Thanks, friend" and a dagger of light was at it's throat. After I finished it, I closed my eyes to open them to see my cozy dark alley. I walked back into the light to start to do the one thing no human would ever do. I went to look for madness.