I conquer My own Madness

This was it. I was done for. The world in need and I let it down. I let all the people I was tasked to protect down. All I could do now was sit and wait for Madness' plan to pass. The world would be plunged into darkness and it was all because of me. I had come so far, defeated all of the other emotions and yet here I was. Some Agent of Light and Life I turned out to be. 

"You wont be causing any trouble anymore. After I remake the world to my liking I will come for you and the last thing you see will be the situation you tried so hard to stop." Madness leaned back and let out a terrible laugh. All I could do was watch. My mech started to fade and dissapeared. I fell right into madness' palm. 

I thought about my life. I thought about my daily emotion patrols. Of all the things to find solace in, I smiled when I dwelled on that thought. All the times I took down the evil feelings, all the people I helped. I started to realize that this battle wasn't done. No, until there wasn't any breath in my lungs and my heart stopped beating I would continue to fight. 

I thought about my situation. Letting madness just win like that. Doing nothing when the world depended on my actions. I raised up on my feet. I promised myself that I would win this battle. I would go through hell and high water before I ever fully lost to the madness. 

I looked up at the emotion. I would take it down through whatever means necessary. I began concentrating. My mind slowly becoming clear. I slowed my breathing, my heart rate, and anything that would disrupt me. I felt calm. I felt alive. I felt ready. I began to glow, slowly getting brighter and brighter. 

Madness looked down to see a miniature sun in the palm of it's hand. It let go and shielded it's eyes. When it looked back up it saw me. At that point, I was madness' worst nightmare. I was just as tall as it, and I was donned in a huge suit of armor. The emotion had a scared look on it's face as it was forced to squint to get a good look at me. I was equipped with two brilliant heavenly shields. I stepped forward. 

"You think your so tough now that you got a little upgrade." Madness said, but all I did was laugh as it's claws started shaking the closer I got to it. It tried to do a messy slash, but my shields were raised, a perfect bulwark against any evil power. "The time has come for this to end. Your petty game is finished" I said. I grabbed Madness by the shoulders and slammed it on the ground. With it dazed, I stood above the emotion and slammed my fist into it's chest. Madness screamed. I watched and waited. A few seconds later it came to an end. Madness dissapeared and I reverted back to normal size. The essence of madness clutched in my fist. I sqeezed until I felt it break. 

I closed my eyes. Opening them and seeing the alley that I loved. That I would give my life to protect. My beatiful, dirty alley way. I looked at the grime and smiled. I knew that madness would not be done forever, but if it ever tried something like that again I would be there. 

I am John Aureas, I am an Agent of Light and Life. I protect the people and I protect the world. So to all of you out there. Your Welcome.