I slice my Fears

I had went through Regret and Doubt. I knew that Madness would take note of it's friends disappearing so I expecting something tough. I never knew that it would send something so big. I was walking down the alley, preparing myself for whatever I may've had to fight. I know I've been in a lot of fights but now that I was alone, I started to think about the seriousness of this situation. 

This whole time I hadn't realized how scared I've been. The fate of the world was on my shoulders, what if I didn't make the right decisions. What if I didn't do what I had to do. I started to feel sweat on my brow, and my hands started to tremble. I didn't think I could do something so big. The world started to feel like it was closing in on me. I looked around, trying to find anyone who could help me, but there was no one. I backed against the alley wall and slid down. A few tears streaming down my face. I looked up and realized why I was feeling things like this.

A black gaseous humanoid appeared and started to walk toward me.I recognized it as Fear I wiped my tears away and closed my eyes. I was back on the battlefield. I stood up and faced the emotion. "What are you going to do against your fears?" Fear began to float into the air and a huge version of madness with a small hole in it's chest appeared. Fear floated into the hole and took control of the giant. "You might as well get used to bowing at our feet." 

I arched my head to look up and even then I couldn't fully see all of it. I'll be honest, I was scared. I didn't know if I could do this. Through the panic my thoughts went back to my training through out my life. I was scared but I knew working through it would lead to success. I took a deep breath and swallowed my fear. 

I manifested a katana and jumped on to the giant. I was up to the knee and began to cut into the madness. I made a long incision along the thigh, darkness seeping out of the wound. The giant fell to one knee. I leaped off the knee and began climbing the madness with a manifested hook and rope, making cuts every few feet. Soon I reached the Fear in the middle of the chest. It was busy keeping it's giant existant, it's eyes closed so it didn't see me. 

With my katana in hand, I thought about my strike. A clear slash straight into Fear's chest. With my hook in the madness, I jumped off it's chest and made an arc straight to the emotion inside . As soon as my sword was in the madness, the construct disappeared, Fear's face; a gasp. "You...conquered... your fear." It said. It dissolved away. 

I had taken down all of madness' friends. I had make a big enough dent. It would notice me. It would see me as a threat and I would take it down, whatever the cost. I closed my eyes and I was back in the alley. I sat down. I thought. I thought about fighting the world's madness. I would be ready.