I hit the Books, Hard

Some of you might be thinking "John, if you work for this big company, then where is it?" That information is for me to know and for you to never find out. I close my eyes and feel myself being lifted away. After a while, I float through a hole in the ceiling and land in a large lobby. Anyone who wasn't an agent would think that this was a regular office. Some people talking on phones. Workers squinting at computer screens. But they would be so wrong. Most likely the men and women on the phones would be talking about recent evil emotion spottings and the workers would be overlooking shipments of Heavenly Equipment. This was nothing like a regular office.

With the task in mind I headed to The Atheneum to see if there was anything I could find. I walked into the room and the view still amazed me. Imagine the largest room you've ever been in, now imagine it about three times as big, and imagine that room filled all the way up with books. That was The Atheneum. 

I found the catalog and went down the page. Finding what I was looking for, I strided off to a far away hallway. I took a large tome off the shelve and saw what I needed. It said that while there are both good and evil emotions; if the evil ones got too powerful they would drown out all the nice feelings. It also said that if they became too strong they would be able to have physical forms without the symbiotic relationship of a host. That would explain how the madness was on its own. 

I walked out of The Atheneum feeling a little better. Though there was still some thing that was biting at me. What did the madness mean when it said that it would come back with all it's friends? At that moment it hit me. The madness come bring all of it's empowered evil emotion friends with it to plunge the world into chaos. 

As an agent of Light, I had to do everything in my power to prevent the madness from accomplishing it's goals. I needed to keep the balance of good and bad equal.I left the Company, and as I was floating away I saw the city underneath me. It may not have been much but I would do what I must for it. Even if it asked for more then I could give.

I wrestled with that dark thought, trying to take it off my mind as I walk down the street. If I wanted to fully understand all of this evil plan and the emotions I would be going up against I would have to force anwsers from a bad emotion."There is no better time for a good interrogation than the present" I thought as a smile formed on my face.