Prologue

(Reader P.O.V)

     School. It's either the best or worst place in the world for an average high schooler. For me? It's the latter. Don't get me wrong, it has its good moments, but they are few and far between.

I try to make an effort and live every day to the fullest, but teenagers don't make it easy. From the everyday bullies to your classic fake friends, it's hard to just exist. Currently, I'm being cornered by Josh and his lackeys. Remember what I said about those everyday bullies? Yeah, these are mine.

"Well, well, well, who do we have here? Little piggy, Y/N. You know, if you lost some weight maybe you wouldn't look so fucking horrible." He spat, his face contorted in disgust.

Twisted smiles lit up their faces, ready to see my reaction. The foul feeling of anticipation flooded the air around us. I bit the flesh of my cheek, tasting the metallic liquid rush over my tongue.

"Just leave me alone, I- I just want to go home." My voice broke, betraying the indifferent front I was attempting to portray.

"Awww, she looks like she's about to cry." A familiar voice called out.

I locked eyes with the speaker. Camilla Jefferson. She used to be my best friend, but the popularity got to her head. Now she's one of my tormentors. The rise and fall of our friendship truly deserves its own book. When I realized she was slipping away I tried to be reasonable, to rationalize with her. She was my best friend after all, but all those promises she made meant nothing. We were supposed to be together forever. Camilla and Y/N versus the world.

What a lie.

The brunette averted her eyes and nudged Josh, gaining his attention. I watch her whisper in his ear. A smile lit up his face as she pulled back.

"You're so right, Cam! Let's give her something to cry about." A crazed look flashed in his amber orbs.

He dug into his pocket, retrieving a switchblade. The familiar feeling of fear engulfed my body. My thoughts ran wild as he approached lazily, his eyes boring into mine.

'Run, run, I have to run!'

So I did.

"Where are you going, piggy! We just want to play with ya!" The howling sounds of laughter grew closer and closer.

Moisture started to collect in my eyes, making it difficult to detect where exactly I was running to. However, I couldn't stop, I wouldn't. Then I heard it, the shrill cry of a horn. My head snapped to the left, seeing the car bolting towards me. I was frozen in place, and the car showed no signs of stopping. I squeezed my eyes shut.

One thought flooded my mind.

'I want to live!'

~~~
I hope you enjoyed the prologue! This is the rewritten version, so to all my old readers I hope you see the improvement! Love you all! ~ Fandom