Chapter 15

Whoever said they hate Mondays is wrong. Well at least this particular Monday. At work, I get a couple of calls for Xander while I work on the seating arrangements for the gala this week. I can't believe the time is moving quickly until I get a knock at my door from Xander. He asks me out to lunch which I agree because we'll both of us will be busy after work. He tells me that he has to go to his parent's house for some odd reason. I wish I could go to ease his tension but I've already put off my doctor's appointment for too long. Our lunch is an hour long and we enjoy it at the nearby restaurant. We continue talking about the plans for Christmas and after the New Year. I tell him I don't have many plans for New Years Day other than cleaning the hall. Xander suggests staying over at his place after the gala which I agree to because I want to spend the New Year with him. When he mentions Christmas at his sisters, I'll admit I'm a little nervous about meeting her but I realized that he is much closer to his sister than he is with his parents.

When we finish our lunch Xander kisses me before I reach the office and he promises to see me the next day. The rest of my workday goes on and I realize I'll have to start packing my things for Xander's soon after my doctor's appointment. Which reminds me I still need to get him a gift. I know I shouldn't have to but I feel like it's only right if I give him something in return for his kindness. I text Trina back and forth on what to get this man who has everything. I eventually find what I'm looking for to give to Xander I just have to stop by the store to grab what I need. Lucky for me I remember what he likes. When it's time for me to go I text Xander "see you tomorrow" as I make a quick stop to the store and head off to my doctor's appointment.

The drive to my gynecologist isn't that far from the store and luckily the parking lot isn't that much full. When I get inside I sign in and sit in the waiting room with a few other women. I notice one of them is clearly pregnant and she is reading a magazine about women expecting. Figures. I make myself busy going through my phone answering text messages until I'm called into the doctor's office. They tell me that I have to provide a urine sample for the standard birth control procedure. I do so and wait a couple of more minutes in the waiting area. It seems more minutes tick by until I see my doctor. I'm thankful I have a female gynecologist because it makes things less awkward when someone is checking up on me.

"Ms. Fuller I'm glad you came in when you did." My doctor says while holding onto her clipboard. Her name is Meredith Blanchard and like every doctor, she's wearing a lab coat and a pantsuit. She's too pretty to be a doctor. She has straight blonde hair, blue eyes, and her face looks more youthful than most so she must be younger than anybody working here.

"Yes, so does everything seem to be cleared?" I ask wanting to know. I really want to go home already because it means I can start packing and get an early rest before I head to Xander's tomorrow.

"Actually there is something that came up while I was looking through your results from the sample you gave earlier." She says. By now I'm nervous to ask what she found.

"What is it?" I ask slowly. I hope it's nothing to worry about.

"Ms. Fuller according to these results, your tests show that you are tested positive." She says while looking at her clipboard.

"What do you mean tested positive?" I ask in confusion. It can't be what I think it is.

"You're pregnant." She says and my heart stops at her answer. This can't happen to me! I can't be pregnant!

"That must be a mistake I can't be," I say. There's no way this could happen to me!

"You missed two appointments that show on your file. We can do a blood sample for further testing but you are in fact pregnant. I'll schedule an appointment to see how far along you are but in the meantime, I suggest you tell your partner and go over your options..." She says but all I can hear are the words You're pregnant over and over again. All I do is nod acting as if I've heard everything she is saying.