Chapter 35

The rest of the week goes on normally and I try to forget the car that almost hit Xander as best as I can. Meanwhile, Xander hired two bodyguards for both of us. I tried not to argue but I knew he would want me to say it was unnecessary. To prove a point, I kept quiet about having a personal bodyguard.

My bodyguard's name was Andrea. One first look at her and I would have never thought she would be hired as a guard. She had long dark hair almost always tied up in a ponytail and always wore a fitted suit. She was naturally pretty because she didn't need to have makeup on to look her best. She was a lot taller than me and was more athletic.

By the time it's the weekend, I go over to Trina's place to hang out.

"Hey," I say as I walk in with my bodyguard walking in front of me.

"Hey! Umm...Natalia who is this?" Trina asks and I walk around my guard to see Trina. 

"This is my bodyguard, Andrea," I say introducing her. 

"I'll be outside," Andrea says just as she walks out the door.

"Okay she seems friendly, should I ask why you have a bodyguard?" Trina says.

"It's a long story but Xander hired security for both of us ever since the accident," I explain.

"Sounds like he is taking precautions. So what are you going to do for Xander and Alizah's birthday?" Trina asks.

"As you know I'm still having the party this coming Saturday but I have a problem," I say.

"Like what?" She asks.

"I don't know what to get him. Do you have any suggestions?" I've been so distracted by the party planning that I didn't have time to think of getting a gift for him.

"What about getting him a watch?" She suggests.

"No, he has a large collection of them," I say.

"What about a new car?" Trina asks.

"He has several." the parking garage at the lower level holds his cars and I didn't know he owned so many until a few months ago.

"Well, whatever you give him I'm sure he'll like it." She assures me.

"Trina, I'm serious I need help finding him something for his birthday." I need to find him something because he has given me many things. 

"Does he have any interests?" Trina asks and that gets me thinking.

"Yes, actually he does." I know he loves baseball and the world series isn't for a couple of months. Surely I can purchase the final game tickets.

"I see that face your making." Trina points out.

"What face?" I say with humor in my tone.

"The-I'm-thinking face." She says.

"Sure I am, but you're right I think I have an idea what to get Xander for his birthday," I say.

The rest of the week I spend my time preparing for Xander and Alizah's party, his gift was ordered the day after I visited Trina. 

The time flies and before I know it I wake up early on the day of the party. I woke up early because I had to pick up the catering and wait for the cake to arrive. As soon as those tasks were done I made sure I had enough time to get ready. It was only ten and Xander was still asleep. Hopefully, he'll wake up soon as I finish getting ready.

An hour later, my hair is loosely curled, my makeup is done naturally, and I'm dressed in a light blue fitted dress that reaches slightly below my knees. The dress has off the should sleeves and spaghetti straps. I'm thankful that the dress fits me because I bought it before I knew I was pregnant. That time I was pregnant felt like a lifetime ago. I've told Xander that I'm willing to try again now that his divorce went through and he said he was willing to give it a try. I look at my watch and notice it's about to be twelve. I quickly put my nude strappy heels on and walk towards the bedroom. I see Xander has finally woken up and is in the shower getting ready. I take that time to put on my bracelet and earrings. While I'm attaching my earings I hear the door to the bathroom open and I see Xander dressed in a casual blue dress shirt and khaki pants.