Epilogue

3 years later

"Okay just breathe, Natalia," Trina says trying to calm me. How can I breathe? I want to ask her but I know better than to yell at my maid of honor. 

Time has truly passed us all in an instant. Xander is a wonderful father and an amazing fiance. He is truly it for me.

Our daughter Carena is up walking and is always up talking to anybody who would listen. Today she has the biggest responsibility to be a flower girl at her parent's wedding. 

Once we announced our engagement 2 years ago, the public kept asking when it would happen. The reason we waited so long was to get back to normalcy well as normal as it could be with Xander and me. We also didn't want to rush into our marriage because he was newly divorced even though he had said he didn't care. I, however, cared and wanted to wait for Carena to be at least able to walk down the aisle. I know Xander didn't want a whole wedding ceremony but for our parent's sake, we decided to do it even though just last week we met with his lawyers to sign our names and be legally presumed, Mr. and Mrs. Reed.

Once my breathing is under control, Trina finishes buttoning the last button on my gown. My wedding dress is a simple ivory gown that has dropped sleeves, a heart-shaped neckline, and a mermaid silhouette. All around the dress is lace and tulle but at the back of my dress is a small train. 

"Well, it looks like it's almost time. How do you feel?" Alizah asks. 

"I feel like throwing up again," I say. Which I have been doing for a while now.

Months before the wedding I had asked Trina and Alizah to be my bridesmaids. Trina was my maid of honor because I knew her the most. They both wore the same light blue silk halter dress. Their hair is done in a half up half down style and their makeup kept light and soft.  

"It's just nerves, I'm sure it will pass when you walk down the aisle," Trina says in an attempt to calm my nerves while Alizah helps me with my veil. My hair is done in a loose updo and on top, I wore a small hairpiece that kind of resembles a small crown. My makeup is dramatic but not so overdone with the eyes or lips. When Alizah gets the veil on I stare at my reflection for the first time since this morning. My veil is in place and not a piece of hair is sticking up out of place. My make-up seems to be doing fine even though it's more than what I usually wear on a daily basis.

"Well, we better head out there I think it's time," Alizah says and I follow them out of the room with a single glance back at the mirror. 

The wedding is taking place at my childhood home. In an attempt to bond with each other, Xander and my dad have spent their days renovating the house since Xander bought it back. This place is going to be our home for when we raise Carena. I was happy to have the old estate back because it held many fond memories of my mother. The ceremony will be taking place outside close to my mother's old garden and the reception will be taking place outside in a giant white tent. 

I reach the bottom of the steps in my soon to be home at the same time my father who is dressed in a tux meets me. He turns towards me.

"You look beautiful, Nat. I'm sure Adella would say the same." He says and I smile at the thought. My father has been doing better by always offering to babysit Carena and forming a friendship with Xander. Our relationship has gotten better because he has been more involved in my life than ever before. 

"Thanks, Dad," I say and I hear the music transition to the wedding march. My daughter, who is dressed in a pastel blue dress, walks out grabbing a handful of flowers and tossing them ahead of her over the white rug runner. A minute later my two closest friends eventually walk out just before they give me a few last words of encouragement. When they're gone I hear my cue to walk. Through the glass double doors is the long aisle of friends and family standing and witnessing the long-awaited wedding. I take a deep breath and I look down the aisle to see Xander. My heart pounds when his eyes meet mine and just like that all of my nerves float away. I keep my eyes focused on him and on my steps while my father continues to walk hand in hand with me. Soon we reach the end of the aisle and my father places my hand in Xanders just before my father is seated. Xander is wearing a navy blue fitted suit with a white dress shirt underneath and his hair is slicked back away from his face. He swiftly kisses my cheek while whispering an "I love you". I smile at him and I say it back before we start the ceremony.