Chapter 17

My eyes slowly open and I forget for a moment that I'm at Xander's sleeping in his room with him. I turn to see that Xander has his arms wrapped around my waist. I stare at him smiling at his sleeping self thinking how handsome he looks just sleeping in front of me. I study his face so I can admire the way it looks. If I leave him I'm probably not going to remember what he looks like. Stop Natalia. This isn't the last time I'm going to see Xander. I still have time and instead of feeling guilty I decided to enjoy my time with Xander. As if feeling my stare, Xander's eyes open and he smiles at me.

"Good morning." He says sleepily.

"Good morning," I say back with a smile.

"I see I was entertaining you while I slept." He teases and I blush.

"Only for a minute. What time are we going to your sister's?" I ask.

"We'll leave here around 2 because she wants me there at 3." He says. I look at the clock and see it's 9. That will give me enough time to get ready and enjoy this morning with Xander. "Do you want breakfast?" Xander asks.

As if on cue my stomach growls and we both laugh. "I'll take that as a yes." He says. We both get up from the bed and make our way to the kitchen. I decided to quickly put my hair up in a bun from a hair tie I had on my wrist. I notice that Xander walks straight to the fridge and begins to pull out food.

"What are you doing?" I smile up at him.

"Making breakfast." He says with a laugh.

"Since when did you know how to cook?" I never thought he could since he has a staff that does the cooking and cleaning for him.

"I learned from our family's chef, he taught me because I knew I was going to move away for college. My parents wanted me to give me a normal college experience so that's how I learned to cook." This is a first I'm hearing about this but I'm glad to see this normal side to Xander. It's refreshing to see.

Minutes later Xander has made pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs. When he places the plate of food in front of me I begin to eat. I bite into my food and knew he could cook. After we are finished with our food, I decided to clean up while Xander got ready. He insisted he cleaned but I argued back saying I could clean since he cooked. Xander said it was a fair point and left to get ready.

When it's my turn to get ready It only takes me an hour. Mostly I spent that time trying hard to look presentable. I dressed in a red velvet asymmetrical dress that has flowy short sleeves and reaches just above my knees. For shoes, I wore the same black heels I had in my closet. For my hair, I styled it in loose waves because I tried to curl it but the curls came undone. For my face, I did some mascara, a little bit of liner, and some light-colored lipstick. I look in the reflection and all I can do is still staring at my stomach. I know I won't be showing soon but this entire visit has me feeling guilty because I'm keeping this pregnancy a secret and even when I try not to think about it somehow I just find myself doing just that. I hear a light tap on the bathroom door that wakes me from my thoughts.

"Are you ready?" Xander asks through the door.

"Yes." I walk up to the door to open it and when I do so I can see Xander dressed in a grey suit and black leather shoes. I can see him looking up and down my body.

"You look beautiful." He says. I walk further towards him as his hands wrap around my waist and my hands rest on his chest.

"And you look handsome as always," I say back. He smiles down at me and lets his lips touch my own lips. We continue to kiss like this until we are breathless.

He pulls away and says, "I think we should go," I nod in agreement and I can feel less anxious than before. When we make our way to the elevator, Xander decides to grab his car. he tells me his sister lives in Oakland for an odd reason.