Chapter 22

We stay on the dance floor until we are interrupted by the DJ that announces that it's a minute till midnight. Soon as everyone hears the announcement, everyone gathers around the dance floor and we begin the countdown of the last seconds of the old year.

"5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Happy New Year!" Everyone erupts in cheers and I turn towards Xander.

"Happy New Year," I say and Xander presses his lips on mine not caring that we could be noticed. We spend that moment together in each other's arms.

"How about we head back to my place?" He asks and I nod. We both head to my car since Xander was chauffered to the gala and this time I drive my car since Xander didn't argue when I suggested. We arrive at the penthouse and Xander grabs my bag from the back of my car.

"Do you know when you want to move in?" He asks.

"How about next week?" I ask. I would rather move in that week anyway because Trina will be back to help me move in.

"That could work I'll have someone help you move in." He suggests.

"I don't need much help and besides I'll have my friend help me," I say.

"Okay but if you do just let me know." I nod in agreement. We both get to the apartment and make our way to Xander's room. I decide to change when I'm in Xander's closet. I grab my toiletries and pajamas so I can take a shower.

"Can you help me with my dress?" I ask.

"Yeah sure." He says and I turn around as he unzips the back of my dress. For a second I feel his hands linger on my back. "Sorry." He says and I touch his hand as an attempt to tell him that I don't mind but the next second Xander has me up against the wall of his bedroom and I feel his lips brush against mine. I don't pull away and quite frankly I kind of like it when he kisses me like this. We don't last long before we're out of breath. "Why don't we take a shower? I could really use one." He asks and I grin because I was about to suggest the same thing. When we get to the bathroom I'm already half undressed and Xander opens the shower door to get the water started while I take off my bra and panties. When he turns back towards me I can see him staring at my body. I decide at this moment to help him undress and by the time I finish, we get inside the shower which is surprisingly large enough for both of us and at a warm temperature. Xander is blocking the water when he turns around and starts kissing me and I'm once again up against the wall. He starts losing his breath so he starts kissing me in the crook of my neck and I let out a moan when he kisses me there. I can feel the goosebumps appear where he touches me and I let my arms fall on Xander's chest and slowly fall further down his torso. Xander raises his eyebrows and I give him a wicked grin because I always enjoy watching Xander come undone. I kneel in front of him and I choose to start off slow. Soon enough I decided to let my mouth wrap around his length while I look up at him. I can see Xander staring back at me with his lustful green eyes.

"Fuck stop doing that." He says and I start to pick up the pace. I can feel his hands wrap around my hair. I continue moving my mouth in and out while he fights to keep his eyes open. God. He looks so beautiful when he is this way. Soon enough he comes in mouth and I swallow it as he pulls me up to stand. He places his hands around my chin so I'm looking at him.

"Do you want to do this?" Xander asks. I know what he is asking and I nod because I want him. All of him. He picks me up as my legs instinctively wrap around his torso. Xander moves in and out of me slowly. "Is this okay?" He asks. I start to think he's afraid he'll hurt me but he should know that I'm fine.

"Yeah...just go a little faster," I say. He picks up the pace and I start to feel the pressure build, as well as the pulsing water from the showerhead, spray our bodies as we continue to move together.

It took us a while to actually take a real shower. We are both in bed with soaked hair and fully clothed. Xander has his arms wrapped around me as I'm laying down on his chest.

"Is it weird to say that tonight was one of the best nights I had?" I ask aloud. Despite what happened with Olivia at the gala, I enjoyed my time dancing with him and being in his arms.

I can feel his chest rise as he laughs at my silly question "Yes it's weird but I enjoy having you here." He kisses my forehead and I start to feel my eyelids grow heavy as we fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up earlier than usual and my attempt to fall back asleep fails so I decide to get up from Xander's grasp but I feel dizzy. I run to the bathroom and proceed to vomit into the toilet. When I'm done I brush my teeth to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I look up from wiping my mouth and I notice in the mirror that Xander is behind me.

"Are you okay?" He asks in concern.

"I'm fine it's just morning sickness." I smile sheepishly.

"Has it been happening often?" Xander asks as he approaches me.

"More recently and don't worry. It usually passes." I reassure him.

"I don't know how you manage." He says while moving some loose strand of hair out of my face.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask in an attempt to change the subject. I really have no plans today and Xander insisted that I stay instead of cleaning the hall. For once I don't argue back because I'm too tired to do anything.

"I was thinking we could stay in since there's not much we can do during New Year's Day. Unless you have something to do?" He says.

"I don't have anything going on today so I wouldn't mind staying in." I really don't mind hanging out at his place because it's going to be my place as well.

We spent our New Years Day in bed watching movies and eating breakfast. When it's around late afternoon Xander suggests that tomorrow we check out the Miller company. I agree to accompany him so I can see what I'm getting myself into. We also make dinner plans to see his sister Alizah on Friday so he can go over the divorce settlement he is willing to offer Olivia.

"What are we going to say to your sister about the baby?" I know he can't hide his secret forever especially from his family.

"You're right I shouldn't. We will tell her after your upcoming appointment." He promises.

I feel like things are finally starting to fall into place. I'm going to be moving in with Xander, I have a job as an executive, and on top of that, I'm going to be having Xander's child. I don't know what else I could ask for other than hoping I have an easy pregnancy.