Epilogue

AN/ Yay! This is the ending of the book one. I already told to myself to stop writing a trilogy, but Dastan and Leticia has a long journey ahead! It will take more chapters to unravel the past and the deep connections of every story (previous Gazellian stories). So... read deeply. Haha! 

I really enjoyed writing Gazellian Series, creating your own world, laws, traditions! It was really urgh... supeer awesome! I loved reading your theories and such! Especially those readers with argumentative comments! You guys rock! 

Thank you for supporting this story, and the whole Gazellian Series. (and also those readers of my other series! lol). By the way, the next book will be Moonlight War (book two), see you!

But I'll focus more with my other fantasy-historical fiction story, Behind Millions of Raindrops. (Let the vampires of Parsua Sartorias rest for a while lol) 

Happy reading! 

Btw, drop your theories, okay? What will happen next?

Epilogue

My deepest cut will always come from your blade...

I've been trapped in several wars, fought the most devastating battles, cut by hundreds of weapons, and bathe with my own blood, but nothing seemed so deep and painful as Leticia's blade.

The blade was out of my chest, but the presence of it was still there. Piercing, pushing and tearing me apart.

"Is this a punishment, Father?"

I stared at my father's life size statue with a silent glint of sunlight from a half-opened window, and I couldn't help but to praise the artist who perfectly mirrored his features. From his face, his royal uniform, and even the way he stood.

My father in his bronze image never failed to give me goosebumps. Especially when Divina tried to speak with him.

I had this urge to ask my little niece to be our mediator. Marami akong nais itanong at malaman mula sa kanya.

This thing happened to me...

Naghilom na ang sugat na siyang ginawa ng punyal sa dibdib ko ngunit ang kirot nito'y mas lalong humahapdi at lumalala sa kaalamang malayo siya sa akin, na nagawa niya iyon sa akin...

"Father, am I worthy as a King?"

Ilang taon na akong nakaupo sa posisyon na simula pagkabata'y ipinamulat na sa akin. Ang pagiging hari ay aking buhay. Isang tungkulin na dapat gampanan at kailanman ay hindi dapat talikuran.

Kung sakaling lilisan ako sa mundong ito, ako kaya'y magkakaroon ng ganitong klase ng rebulto? May nagawa na ba akong kailanman ay hindi makakalimutan ng aking nasasakupan?

"Father..." I called him again, wishing he would suddenly answer. But the statue didn't move an inch.

King Thaddeus Leigthon was not a perfect king, a father or even a husband, but everyone respected, loved and adored him. He had his flaws, imperfections, and mistakes... and I'd witnessed it since I was a kid.

"F-father..."

As I tried to communicate with him, I unconsciously brought myself to my lingering past.

Mga panahong hindi ko pa dama ang bigat ng aking mga responsibilidad at tungkulin.

Years when I was still a kid, an older brother, a son... responsible to make his parents smile.

"Dastan, you look after your brother, alright? Your father and I will attend an important meeting in the council." Mother smiled sweetly at me.