Chapter 32 (3/3)

After the alarming conversation with Klaus about his determination to make his sister pay for her sins, Stiles had told Klaus to rest. He thought maybe sleep would get Klaus to relax and buy him some time to figure out a way to convince the vampire not to torment his sister. It didn't last long because not half an hour later Klaus starts attempting to stand up. Stiles put his book down and hurries to Klaus' side.

"You're still weak," Stiles scolds as he grabs onto Klaus' shoulders to steady him. Stiles pushes Klaus back onto the bed as the vampire whines, "I'm still hungry. There is a fresh blood supply in the kitchen."

Stiles puts his hands on his hips and says, "You won't make it that far. So be a good little vamp and get back into bed before I make one of your servants bring in a coffin and I stuff you in it, nailed shut. How would you like that, Dracula?"

"If I had a quid for every time someone has tried to get me into bed," Klaus teases as he looks up to face Stiles. He smirks when he sees the young lad clench his teeth.

"You'd have no money," Stiles immediately rebuttals; taking a seat on the nearest chair.

"I'd beg to differ. Some find me quite charming."

Klaus indulges in another story and tells Stiles about how he slept with an ally werewolf in New Orleans before he had to flee. His brother teasing and lightly scolding him for his choice of women but ultimately not seeing a reason to break up the casual relationship Klaus had established with the werewolf. His fling even granted him 3 tickets to the upcoming opera.

Stiles rolls his eyes and mutters, "Of course you like Opera."

Klaus gives a small smile before explaining, "I always had a particular soft spot for Les Huguenots. I liked the story. It was a tale of forbidden love, a Romeo and Juliet of sorts."

His eyes light up, explaining, "On the day they are to marry, family and life-festering hatred intervene. Thousands are massacred. A father even kills his child in the final act. I can almost appreciate the irony."

To break the underlying tension Stiles comments, "Spoiler alert," Klaus chuckles at that. Stiles moves to sit next to the vampire on the bed and stretches out his neck. "Both my wrist are tender so it'll have to be the neck."

Klaus extends his hand and reaches for Stiles' neck. The back of his hand caresses Stiles' neck from the bottom of his jawline to his collar bone. Stiles' breath sharpens at the touch but he doesn't comment. Klaus moves his head towards his neck slowly and before he bites he gives a soft kiss against the skin. When he finally bites into Stiles' neck, the latter whimpers, so he bites the bottom of his lip to stop any more sound from escaping his mouth.

Klaus didn't feed for long as he took a few heavy gulps before detaching his fangs from Stiles' neck. He kisses it once more before pulling away and grabbing the hand towel from Stiles' hand. He dabs it against the wound a few times before it stopped bleeding, and there wasn't any more excess blood on the pale neck.

"All better now," Klaus mutters and retracts his hand. Stiles doesn't speak as he gets up from his position and goes over to the cart with the alcohol on it. He pours two cups and makes his way back to the bed. He hands one over to Klaus before sitting back in his original spot and sips on his drink. All he wanted to do was go outside to smoke and calm his nerves, but he's been doing so good with not smoking lately.

It's tempting, he thinks, but he didn't want to ruin his progress, so he uses the alcohol to restrain himself. Stiles clears his throat and says, "Your brother isn't trying to betray you. He loves you."

Stiles looks to Klaus and sees his eyes harden before he rolls them and mutters, "Yes. He does, and he proves it time and time again. Even when my father enlisted him to kill me."