Chapter 41

I'm craving mangos and I cut my hair to my shoulders. *life crisis takeover* I reread some of the older chapters, and I applaud at how many times Stiles just threatens Klaus, Rebekah, and Marcel at any given moment. I have to tone him down when I re-edit this book.

Anyway, I've been looking for face claims for Mateo. Don't feel shy to comment on any suggestions.

😂😂😂Also, I was rereading an old Sterek book and there was a comment that said they liked bottom Derek and I clicked to see the reply and it shows me responding in agreement years ago. It seems I'm still the same basic bitch😂😂😂

I hope you guys like the chapter!

-------

Stiles was still in a deep slumber, but Cami didn't know that. She thought he bailed mid-funeral since he didn't show up to see Kieran be put to rest. At first, she wasn't angry because she understood that it could have been too much for her cousin, but throughout the day there were no calls or texts.

After what she and Marcel discovered at Sean's grave, she tried calling and texting herself, there was no reply. Now, she was angry. She needed her cousin by her side to help figure out what their Uncle was hiding. They loved detective work when they were children and there was no better time than now to team up again. Thus, leading her to storm into the Mikaelson compound, demanding to see her cousin.

She walked in, like a woman on a mission, and was further infuriated when the vampire guards tried escorting her out. That was until Stiles' obnoxiously attractive friend found her seconds from trying to fight two vampires. "Hey, she's okay. She's Stiles cousin."

At the mention of Stiles, the vampires loosen their grip against Cami and went their separate ways. Derek turned to her and said, "You really shouldn't be here."

Her nostrils flare in anger as she snaps, "Well if my cousin could answer his damn phone then I wouldn't be here, would I?"

Derek was taken aback by her attitude, but quickly realized it was more due to the fact of losing Kieran and her lack of contact with her cousin that was currently out of commission. He thought about his response and started walking in the opposite direction. She was confused by his actions until he turned around and motioned for her to follow.

He led her to Stiles' room and showed her-her unconscious cousin. She gasped and ran over to him. Stiles was sickly pale and cold to the touch. He looked dead and in retrospect he was, but she didn't need to know that. She looked to Derek and asked with complete fear in her eyes, "Is he dead?"

Derek had a knack for lying. He spent a majority of his late teenage years and early adulthood masking his emotions which gave him a certain edge to looking indifferent while speaking. So when he answered, "No," there was no suspicion in her eyes about Stiles' wellbeing.

"Why is he like this then?" Cami questioned as she pushes back Stiles' hair and winced at the lack of heat on his skin. He looked too much like Kieran before his day of passing. It was horrifying to see. She couldn't lose him too.

"The witches tried killing Hayley but Stiles took the hit instead. Genevieve fixed whatever was done and said he'd wake soon. She never specified how soon, though," Derek growled when he remembered Hayley's words.

Don't worry, you'll wake soon enough.

"It's always the witches," Cami sneered while rising from her position from Stiles' bed.

"Why'd you need Stiles?" Derek curiously questioned. He crossed his arms against his chest and looked at her expectedly. She shifted under his gaze when answering, "I wanted to find something from my Uncle's past, but Stiles is the only one that is capable and trustworthy enough to help me."