Chapter 34

Author's Note: This is the first time I've written a chapter that has no dialogue in it. It's weird. It's a little short, a little over a thousand words but the next chapter will be longer, I promise. Even though I've only written maybe two or three AU chapters do you guys like it more when the chapter is directly following the show or do you guys like it when I stray from it every once and a while?

Also, Finals can kiss my ass. I wrote 3 essays today and next week is just going to be back to backtesting but I'm not too mad about it because I got my Mock SAT scores back and I'm so fucking proud of myself.

Stiles, Hayley, and Derek stayed at the Bayou until the next full moon. Stiles had little to no contact with Klaus and he thought it was for the best. They were in an uncomfortable position and their future together was looking bleak the longer they were apart. Neither of them knew where they stood with each other.

Stiles went to the city to help with Uncle Kieran as Cami had a job to go to. Cami watched him during the day and when evening came around and she took off to work-Stiles would keep an eye on him. Uncle Kieran wasn't too happy about both his nephew and niece watching over him 24/7 but he knew their intentions were good and their heart was in the right place.

Stiles often played chess with him and even let Kieran read him some passages from the bible. Even though Stiles might not be a devoted believer or apart of any religion, he believed there was a possibility of a higher being. After everything that's happened nothing was impossible- cliche as that sounds.

Uncle Kieran even tried explaining their family tree but it got complicated after they got to his great-grandparents. Stiles was 3/4 polish and a quarter Irish. His grandmother being polish and grandfather being Irish on his mom's side and his dad's side being majority- polish. Stiles' mom had two brothers and one sister. Claudia being the oldest then it was Kieran and their two youngers siblings Clyde and Ava. Cami and her twin brother were the children of Clyde who had tragically passed from lung cancer as their family had a history of smoking. Their mother Linda lived in New York and had devoted herself to her work after not only the passing of her husband but also her son. Their aunt Ava lives with her wife Danielle and their two kids in Vancouver as her wife is a screen-writer and her a wardrobe-stylist. Their grandmother were back in Ireland living out her retirement. As for their grandfather, he had died 25 years ago in a car accident.

On Stiles' dad's side, Noah had an older sister- Adriana, and she was older than him by 12 years. She had divorced her husband Alfred pretty soon after her son Richard went to college. Once she made it to the age of retirement, she took her money and has been traveling the world ever since. She occasionally sends postcards to him and his dad every once and a while. For Christmas, she'll send over trinkets from the country she was currently in. Noah told him that Stiles' grandmother died a little bit before he was born due to breast cancer and since she was the only one to calm down his grandfather's temper, he got meaner and colder soon after her death. Stiles had no contact with his grandfather. He's only ever seen his twice and that was before he hit double digits.

When he wasn't watching over his Uncle he was at the Bayou with Derek and Hayley. Honestly, during that time it was the most relaxed he's ever been in a while. It was so peaceful out there, and yes, there were times when he missed the noise of the city but he's had time to process his own thoughts. With Klaus, he was constantly on the alert and always thinking of different possibilities of what and how he was going to do things. It was refreshing being allowed time to think for oneself.

Once the full moon appeared he got to properly meet Jackson. The only time he ever got to see him was in wolf form when he came to check up on Hayley. Jackson wasn't too fond of him the first time they crossed paths. When he came to check on Hayley he noticed immediately that Stiles was a fox. Right then and there Jackson was on the defense and growled when he noticed how close he was to Hayley.

Hayley soon explained to Jackson in his wolf form that he was a friend and Jackson looked up at Stiles quizzically. He circled him and smelled his scent. Stiles has been with werewolves the majority of his teenage and adult years so his scent was not only fox but different werewolves. Scott's was faint as he hasn't seen him in a while, Klaus' was strong because they were close before they departed, and Derek and Hayley were more prominent as he was around them the most. Jackson was still hesitant but as they met more often and since protecting Hayley was both of their top priorities Jackosn soon came around; even letting him pet the top of his head the one time. The rest of Jackson's pack wasn't as open about him as Jackson was but since their leader seemed to not find him an immediate threat they kept to themselves.

When they finally met, Stiles' realized that Jackson was pretty good-looking and that if things with Hayley and Elijah didn't work out; Hayley surely had a handsome default guy. Jackson was also really nice and welcoming. He was clearly an Alpha; Stiles could immediately sense dominance radiating off of him when he heard Jackson's commanding voice as he ordered his pack.

He also seemed like he had a connection with each and every member of his pack. Usually, in a pack, there are the members that the Alpha would primarily talk to and go for counsel and the rest were just links in a chain that would occasionally talk to their Alpha and it was mostly just to take orders. Jackson interacted with each and every one of his members and if you were to ask him to tell once special memory he had with each member he'd tell you immediately when you said one of their names.

The day was coming to a close and everyone was on edge. There was still questioning in the air if the antidote was going to work. It was created by the witch that condemned them to the curse in the first place. They held each other in fear and hope as the moon was starting to descend.

Once it was completely gone they all let out a huge sigh of relief and started cheering in victory. Most of the pack members were even crying as they no longer had to live the rest of their life as a wolf and always having to be fear of being killed and hunted; only to be human for a handful of hours one day out of the month. They all drank in victory- besides Hayley for obvious reasons. They danced, sang, and drank until the sunrise in celebration. Nothing was holding them back now that they were in human form again- permanently.