Chapter 40

Sorry, this took a while but I had edited the beginning of the chapter, and the changes weren't saved, so I had to go back and try to rewrite the changes I had made.

Anyway, one question before you start reading. Do you like that her name's Hope or do you want it to change? I'm okay with either decision, but I want opinions.

Stay safe xoxo

------

Stiles sat at the edge of the port with his legs submerged in the water as he was reading a book. The sun rays felt nice against his skin as the cool water evened out the temperature of his body. Derek was swimming laps in the water while Hayley sat beside Stiles in attempts to sunbathe. It was futile as the pregnancy weight made it difficult to lay for a long time against the wooden tiles of the port. She got up to go get something to eat before going back to her room, and Stiles watched her until she was out of his eyesight. 

He went back to continue his reading, but his head was yanked back to see a man with sheer evil in his eyes. The unknown man states, "You will be reborn."

The stranger smirked before ramming his hand into Stiles' chest. Stiles gasped as he felt the man's grasp on his heart. His last words before ripping out Stiles' heart was, "I'll make sure of it."

Stiles woke up with a gasp, and he grabbed his chest to see if his terrifying nightmare was reality. He looked down, and all he saw and felt was a sweaty chest. He sighed in relief when his mind processed that it was just a nightmare. Stiles has had his fair share of nightmares, but that dream was out of the blue. What shocked him was that he'd never seen that stranger in his life, but he must have since people in dreams are people a person's seen in real life.

It'd been a week since the attack on the Bayou and the death of his uncle. The first night, Stiles had stayed with Klaus, and the latter had helped him into the bathroom since Stiles was too numb to care about washing the blood off. Once Stiles had taken the bath, Klaus had brought him to his room to change and helped feed him.

During that time, they didn't speak to each other. Klaus had done everything in silence, and Stiles was grateful for that. He didn't have it in him to do anything for himself let alone speak. It didn't take long after that for Stiles to fall asleep. He wanted to escape even it was a dreamless slumber. When he had woken up, Elijah appeared with a new change of clothes and said that Hayley and Derek were waiting for him at the Bayou.

When Elijah took him back he was immediately greeted with hugs from Hayley and Derek. At that point, Stiles hadn't cried for 15 hours and had been completely numb, but once he was embraced he couldn't keep his emotions at bay anymore. He started crying again, but they coaxed him back to his room and stayed with him until he had the strength to speak.

They comforted him and the first 5 days were rough. He fluctuated from fits of anger and crying, and sometimes a combination of both. He had almost destroyed his room, but Jackson informed Hayley that they had an abandoned room were they kept unwanted belongings. Stiles was then allowed to go there to destroy whatever he wanted.

His emotions began to subside and finally felt the strength to call his dad and later on Scott; hearing from them greatly stabilized his emotions, and he no longer felt the need to destroy anything- even though he would occasionally cry at random from time to time- but that was to be expected in only healing 4 days after a death of a loved one.

Stiles also had to convince Scott not to attend the funeral which was one of the hardest things he had to do. He wanted to be with his brother, but New Orleans was not safe. The moment Scott entered the Quarter, he would have a target on his back and Stiles was not going to allow that. He promised Scott that he'd come to visit soon in exchange for not coming to New Orleans to which he instantly agreed. The last three days were helping Cami finish up the funeral arrangements.