chapter one

Can today be anymore dull....
I was sitting on a chair at the corner of my Best friends house.

Stella was filing her nails while chewing a gum in the most unladylike way. I rolled my eyes getting up i walked to the kitchen

I took out a bottle of water from the freezer gulping it down without even trying to look for a cup.

"Megan can you please go down the basement and get me a black nail polish, i need it now". Stella shouted from the sitting room.

I rolled my eye dropping the bottle and headed for the basement.

I dropped the nail polish on the table.

" your phone has been vibrating since, i wonder who would be calling you ". She raised one perfectly caved eyebrow at me, tucking her red hair behind her ears she leaned back on the couch and popped the gum in her mouth.

I picked my phone and the caller ID shows it was Alan who called.

I smiled shyly, i sat down and flipped my curly jet black hair and called back.

" Hello?" I said in a shy tone as he picked up. Stella rolled her eye accidentally spilling some of the polish on her palms, i giggled .

"Hey baby ,whatsup?"... Came the overly sweet male voice of Alan.
" Just hanging out with my best friend at her house"

"Ok darling ,but can we meet up later, i haven't seen you since yesterday".. I put the phone close to neck and smiled at a frowning Stella whispering to her about what Alan just said .

Returning the phone back to my ear, i heard him asking me if i heard him.

" of course dear, I'll come over later tonight, how about that?".
" gat no problem with that baby, i love you"

" love you too Alan"....
I jumped up like a little girl .." Can today get any better?" . i asked Stella who just shook her head and said " if your hanging out with him later tonight can you at least prepare dinner for me, please" .

She was doing that cute begging stuff again. But its not going to work on me again.
" Stella no"..
I walked towards the door immediately opening it and walking out.
She followed closely behind me begging.
" Stella your too lazy, plus i have a date tonight so i have to go prepare , you know he'll be taking me to a very fancy hotel"..

" oh please, fancy my ass , I'll soon get myself a boyfriend Meg , a very rich one at that"

"Well good luck at that baby girl"

" I'll die of hunger before tomorrow and I'll tell the police your the cause"

I laughed evilly.

"Stella how will you tell on me to the police when you'll be dead" i said skipping away to my house for my grand date tonight.

She screamed at me and banged the door..

Sometimes i swear Stella can be a total bi**h .

My house was always the last place i wanted to be , ever since my dad left my mom, she became an alcoholic, spending all my savings on alcohol.

I always get pissed off. I really don't blame her.

I opened the door ,only to be welcomed by my mom and alcohol on the table.
" hey darling your back" she slurred at me smiling weakly.
"Mom really?" I could feel the heaviness of disappointment sipping through me.

"Mom get over him, he's out there having the best moment of his life, and your here about to kill yourself"

"My baby girl , mommy wont die OK , I'll always be here for you"..

I chuckled and picked up the empty bottles laying on the floor and put it in a cupboard in the kitchen

" mom I'll be going out on a date tonight with Alan , i want you to take care of your self , OK?" ..i said putting my hands on her shoulders .

" i will darling"

I hugged her .

She really loved my dad that she couldn't bring herself to believe that he left her for a woman older than her ....i too was pissed off with him, plus he didn't even send us money, it was like we never existed to him.

Upstairs in the small room i had , i pulled out all the dinner dresses i have laying them out on the bed.

I didn't have much time so i choose i red off shoulder knee length gown with a big black belt, i picked out a black heels.

PERFECT

I took my bath, and did a little makeup on my face.

I wouldn't lie ,,i ,,was,,pretty .

I received a call from him, he saying i should come out that he's outside side waiting for me.

I quickly dressed up and said goodbye to my mom .

Today he came with his white two doord Audi.

Wearing a blue hoodie and a white crazy pencil jean , he looked so handsome and cute,
I smiled at him.
His hair was styled to the side giving him a more ravishing look

Damn how did i get lucky.

"Hi baby"...he said in a sexy low voice.
We hugged as he pecked my cheek whispering to me how beautiful i look.
I giggled and replied." You don't look bad yourself sweety".

We hopped into the car where Celine Dion - coulda woulda shoulda- boomed out of the speaker .

Tonight must be perfect for me, i prayed silently...

I closed my eyes as he drove down town to a very fancy restaurant he said was his favourite.

" your really beautiful Meggie, i love you with all my heart" .
He said parking the car in a spot at the parking lot of the restaurant ,i smiled.

"I love you too".

We walked in and was directed to a reserved table for two.

He pulled out the chair so i could sit and then he sat down.

" um lets order".

A slow music played in the background , the lights were so bright i felt like i was at a spotlight being stared at.

I ordered freshly fried fish, with vegetables and some wine.
He ordered a different kind of meal am sure he's used to eating.

Of course he's rich and has gone places so he knows different variety of foods, well i on the order hand just got introduced to them not so ago.

Hiiiii
Do well to vote
Duchess cares 😇
This chapter contains more than 1000 words 😇
Thanks for reading
I know it's short.
I'll improve.