chapter five

I woke up with a start, since i had classes later in the day i decided to take a morning tour round the school. I took a long bath in the shower, picking out a dirty green three quarter jean , and a white polo, putting on a green sandal.

I picked up my little bag Alan gifted me with, walking out into the busy corridor, i locked my door.

Maybe i should give Alan a call.
Yah as i walked down the stairs i pulled out my phone and gave him a call , at the second ring he picked up..." Hey baby , sorry i didn't call last night, i slept off after a stressful day".
I rolled my eyes , so this was how he planned on forgetting me?
" its OK dearie, oh and am at your school heading towards the basketball court".

"What!?"

"Yes"

"OK hold on do you know your way around ?"

"Yes darling am also a student so they gave me the guiding book".

I could hear he almost choked on his tongue.

" how.....?"

"Its a scholarship baby". I almost tripped on something. " can we meet there or are you busy?" I asked .

" no no lets meet up later in the day i have classes this morning".

"OK"

" love you Meg"

"Love you too babe"

I heard angry voices coming from the bleachers above me.

" .........what!? There's no way I'll let you break up with me , what did i do wrong , huh?"

"Becca trust me you didn't do anything wrong, this isn't about you OK, its something different i cant really explain to you ".

" that's not enough reason for you to just throw away what we have Dmitri_"...

I knew it, the voice sounded familiar, so this was his girlfriend?, and why would he want to break up with her?"

I walked away cautiously to avoid being seen be either one of them.

I walked into and alternate building which looks like a classroom block.

Students of different size , and colors moved in and out of the building, some having a very focused face while some had bored look on their faces.

A particular girl with a funny hair do smiled at me warmly,
"Are you lost miss?" She asked politely .
"No , am a fresher, and i have classes later today , so i decided to look around the school".
" OK , I'm cherish," she stretched out her right hand for a hand shake, i took it, surprisingly she had a very firm grip.
"Oh am Megan"
"See you around Meg, I've got classes now ".
" alright then".

I continued walking down the hall way , taking a peep in each class i passed, it was filled with students.
I peeped into one classroom to find it empty , noises came from behind a door at the front of the classroom.

My curiosity got the better of me so therefore i slowly bent over and looked through the key hole.
A man stood close to a cupboard speaking angrily into the phone.
At first he was speaking in a strange language later on he switched to English baring his teeth as he spoke the words threateningly .

"Am warning you frank if you do anything i do not like I'll kill you like a lab rat, your work is to take his girlfriend out, leave him weak , just kidnap his girlfriend as a warning......".

I gasped , he stopped speaking , i tiptoed slowly to the door and ran out , running to any other empty classroom , unfortunately i couldn't find one so i ended up entering the library.

The lady at the front desk looked up at me questioning me with one eyebrow raised.

" um i needed to find a book urgently" . i said walking further into the library.

I sat down on one of the chairs, pulling my phone out , i texted Stella telling her what just happened, she replied telling me to be careful knowing how nosy i can be.

I put my phone back into my back pocket, browsing through the shelves of books , i took one about american entrepreneurial achievements.

Around twelve thirty (12:30). My stomach grumbled , "yh i know your hungry i'll get us food soon"
I got up and walked out of the library looking out to see where i can eat some food.
After walking for like five minutes i found a big hall , in a different building , where people carried plates , i bumped into cherish again , you have no idea how i was glad to see her.
"Oh hi Meg, don't tell me you want to eat at the canteen".
I frowned and nodded a yes .
" well their food makes me puke, so lets go out of the school to eat".
"Out?!!" I asked with my eyes wide open.
"Yes out"
She walked away towards the parking lot, where she opened the door of a red Ferrari.
Wow "you own this?"
"Yup, hop in lets go".
I climbed into the car , the car smelled like orange, strange.

Cherish smiled , she was pretty, she had dyed her hair blue, an ocean blue, with the tip black.
She had an oval face her lip are so puffed its as if she just finished a make out session. Her nose are so straight, with a ring on it, her ears are pierced from the top to the bottom with ruby earrings.
She had a tattoo on her neck, i really didn't know what it was, but it looked like a symbol of something, like a family crest.

" quit staring Meg, i don't do women " she said a smile playing on her lips.

I stuttered .
"Um no i was just wondering what the tattoo is". I said with a shrug looking out of the window.
" ok ". She chuckled.

We came to a stop at a restaurant, it wasn't far from the school.
" they cook the best food for the students", she complimented climbing out of the car with so much flexibility.
God do i have a very stiff and lazy bone.

I managed to climb down following her into the restaurant.

She ordered chicken pizza and a fruit juice.
"Are you really gone eat that as lunch". I ask .
" yah ,what would you have?"
" um rice cake and pepper soup?"
She chuckled and flagger down a waiter repeating what i said to him and winking at him.
The waiter blushed and scurried away.
"So tell me about yourself, " she said chewing away at her pizza.
"Haha am just a girl living with her mom and best friend, nothing more". The waiter brought my food setting it on the table carefully then walking away with a red cheek.

Cherish held her breath as she stared behind me.
I turned wanting to see what would give her such a shock.
It was a girl with dirty blond hair and two other girls who seem to be her minions.
" who are they?"
" um no.. Em no one ". She stammered.
" really?"
"OK fine, the blond is my cousin girlfriend, but i think he broke up with her, i wonder what she's doing here".
" oh "
"Yah"
A van caught my eyes , it has been moving around this environment going back and forth slowly.
"Cherish, you see that black van?"
She looked at it and immediately there was a gunshot fired at the restaurant.
"DOWN". She shouted.
Screams resonated from different corners of the restaurant, people running , and the unlucky ones got shot.
We were under the table when the gun men came in and dragged the blond girl out.
She kept screaming , but closed her mouth whimpering immediately a gun was pointed at her forehead.
Cherish dragged me out through the back door into the kitchen.
She typed profusely at her phone, then a call came in she spoke into the phone in a strange language, "...... I swear"
A few minutes later everything died down.
The ambulance and police came , thank God the people that were shot didn't die, it was just an injury.

Thanks for reading
Please vote.