chapter six

She drove back to the school , telling me to go back to my room and take a good shower before going for my afternoon classes.
I texted Stella.
I didn't want to call her in case my mom was there.
I told her everything in the text.
She replied immediately with a crying emoji praying for me to be safe.
But why did you go outside school to eat with a stranger?
She texted.
She seemed a nice person plus i needed a friend

Hmm ok Meg just be really careful, you went there alive so you better stay alive till your back here ok?

Ok Stella

I put on a black knee length gown heading to my first class in college.
Fortunately for me i was amongst the first students to arrive in class before the lecturer came in.

Shitttt

It was the man i heard talking to the phone in the empty class earlier today.

I sank into my chair.

What if he saw me.

Putting a book over my face pretending to read it, why was i so uneasy i mean he didn't see me , there was no possible way he might have seen me right??

Goshhh!!!

He walked to the desk putting down his stuffs, he look over to the crowd of students flocking into the classroom.

"OK settle down class , the last person should shut the door,am Mr Martin ". He introduced himself to the class.

Students scurried in the last person closing the door and quickly looking for a chair to put his ass on.

" today we'll be learning about speech, how to present your speeches during graduation ceremonies ".

I stopped listening focusing more on hiding.
He went on and on about it , stopping a little to make jokes.
And asking questions.

The boy at my right slept off after diddling on his book.
I was almost falling asleep when a paper hit me , i blink and picked up the paper.

It read , lets meet after school behind the football bleachers and make babies.

I heard snickers behind me turning around to see a group of boys dressed unruly , they looked the trouble type.
I decided to ignore them , and focus on the class.
But they had other ideas, i was rained with more papers which i ignored also.

Immediately after the class , i ran out I'm pretty sure the lecturer asked himself why i was the first to run out of his class.

As i walked back to my hostel after my last class, i received a call from Alan telling me to text him my hostel number.
I texted him immediately, then immediately took a shower.
I knock came immediately, how can Alan arrive so fast?.
I opened the door to see a girl standing there.
" hi" she said then pushed me aside carrying in with her a luggage.
"Excuse me who are you?"
"Hello do you think you can have a whole room to your self when you didn't even pay for it". She said rolling her eye, oh she's my roommate?
" yes i am your roommate ", she replied as if reading my mind.

Oh " I'm Megan".

"Linda is the name".

I decided to ignore her.
I got a call from Alan telling me he's at my hostel and i should come down so we can hang out.

As i emerged out of the building , i was greeted with the sight of Dmitri talking to a girl in blue hair. Could that be Cherish? .
I walked up to him ,
" hi Dmitri", he looked and me and smiled ,

"Hi Meg ,".

" Meg? You know Dmitri?" Cherish asked

"Well sort of".

" well he's my cousin , you know his girlfriend was kidnapped today".

"Oh,"

"Well she's sort of my ex girlfriend now" Dmitri corrected.

"Oh right , do you attend this school too?" I asked him.

"Of course, for the record my family own this school". He said smiling. Cherish chuckled nodding her head in agreement.

" you know Angelo?", she flipped her hair , "Dmitri Angelo".

" oh"...

"Yah".

"Meg?" Alan called out to me.

"Hi Alan, this is Cherish and Dmitri" i introduced.

They chorused a hey.
"This is my boyfriend Alan"

"OK we'll catch up later , oh and can i get your number?" Cherish asked
"Of course". I said stretching out my hands to take her phone, so i can put my number in it.

She handed me her phone which i typed in my number.

" I'll call you later on" she called out as she walked away with Dmitri.

The wind blowing this night made me feel special.
Alan held my hands as we walked on the football pitch. The sky was lit with thousands of stars, which twinkled in its own spacial way.

"Your really beautiful Megan Stone ".. Alan complimented staring at me with that gracious smile i admired so much.
" Thank you Alan ".

We stopped at one of the bleachers sitting on it. I leaned my head on his shoulder, his arm rounded my shoulders massaging them.

The stars above us seems to twinkle brighter than ever, also whispering little love poem to us.

" did u hear that?" I Asked him lifting my heads up, with a smile plastered on my face.

"No, its awfully quiet out here".
I put my heads back on his shoulder in disappointment, maybe i was the only one hearing the whispers of bells ringing the wind carried.

Frowning i asked him if he has eaten cause his stomach grumbled.

" yes i think i have eaten ".

The night was slow as he filled me in on how his day went, i on the other hand refrained from telling him what had happened to me earlier today, he surely is going to freak out if he finds out.

" Megan my mom is sick", he blurted out all of a sudden.

Slowly i lifted my head off his shoulder.
"What happened?", i asked seeing the sadness written all over his face.
He took my hand in his massaging it.

" cancer", he croaked out. By his tune he was on the verge of crying i could feel it. I took him into my arms as his tears poured out, he sobbed like a baby.

" am really sorry Alan i didn't know"
He stood up looking away with his hands in his pocket.

"Its OK Meg, lets get you inside its getting cold".

He looked so hopeless. I kissed his cheek promising in vain that everything would be fine.

His hands were usually cold as we walked back to my hostel hand in hand.

I hugged me before letting me go and walking away into his car, driving off.

Voteeee 😘
Thanks for the read.