chapter eleven

I awoke with a start, someone cuddled me from behind, I held myself from screaming, slowly, I removed myself from the person grasps and came down from the bed.

" where are you going to? ". Dmitri asked.

" why would you cuddle me, I have a boyfriend for God's sake ", I yelled, I felt really bad, Alan was battling with his mom for her life, while I was here cuddling with another guy.
Pulling my hair, I walked to the bathroom leaving a stunned Dmitri.

I felt confused, leaning on the door a tried to control my breathing.

I had stayed in there for like five minutes before I decided to come out.

Dmitri was still sitting on the bed, with an expression I can't read, he looked at me as I stepped out of the bathroom.

" look I'm sorry if you find the cuddling some what improper, I....... ".

" no it's fine, I shouldn't be here ". Apologizing , I quickly looked for my things ready to go.

"wait, will you still escort me to my launching? ". He asked

" yes of course, I will, bye".

"where are you going?, it's not safe out there, stay till tomorrow then I'll figure out what to do ".

I knew what he said was the truth, but I wanted to be stubborn, maybe he could beg me a little.

" I can do well on my own" picking up my bag pack I walked to the door turning the door knob and stepping out into the long corridor. It was coloured navy blue.

Sure enough he followed me out saying
" Megan please you need to listen to me, it's dangerous out there, just stay please ".

An idea came to me " if I stay I would love a room to myself ", I stopped to tell him.

" of course, follow me", he opened the door opposite his room entering inside and beckoning on me to come in.
"this is your room, this weekend we'll be going for the launching, you won't go to school till next week, I'll send a guard and a maid to follow you so you can pick an outfit ".
He said before closing the door, not even letting me say a word. Very rude.

Dmitri POV

I was angry, when I came out of her room I went down stairs, it was already bustling with activities, my mother stood at an end shouting out commands, while the maids ran around trying to do exactly as my mom had told them to do.

" oh there you are darling, tonight is the night". Clapping her hands she walked up to me.
I was confused. " what night? " I asked, what was this woman Planning on doing.
" silly, the Watts are coming over for dinner, their daughter would be present, have you heard she attends Harvard, she'll make a perfect match ".

The focus on her eyes had changed into a more dreamy one. Lord knows how greedy she can get.
I shrugged my shoulders. This my very act of shrugging my shoulders fed my mom with anger. It showed that I really do not care a bit about what was said to me.

"Dmitri I beg you to drop this act, I am your mother " she snapped. Anger kindled in her eyes.

" mother? " the expression on my face was that of shock. " you never once did act like my mother, did you? "

She licked her lips nervously, "that was in the past Dmitri, and surely we aren't in the past". Attempting to hold my hands, I shifted a little so her hands past mine just a few inches.
"well you did a lot of damage to my heart ". I had turned my back to her walking to the kitchen.

" I'll fix it Dmitri, I promise" she said, her tone made her sound sorry, but I knew better, her quest for power.

Shrugging I grabbed some food and walked upstairs.
"promise you'll come for the dinner?". She called out desperately.
I couldn't help myself from smirking. "of course mother, I'll come ". I said so much to her relief.

I'd go, but Megan would also come. I snickered when a video of how my mom would react played in my head.

I knocked on the door to Megan room. Hearing a come in, I let myself in walking to a desk and putting art the food on it.
She looked up from her phone, her face was just as beautiful as always.

"eat up, we're going shopping, we have a dinner to attend tonight ". I spoke in a monotonous voice gesturing towards the foods.
She looked at me, then the food, "what dinner now? ", she huffed .

"it's my mother dinner".
"Dmitri your mom doesn't like me" she said warily, stepping down of the bed, and walking to the desk of food.

"it doesn't matter, just eat up".

Megan POV.

I was in shock.
Taking in all the beauty of a shop.

Dmitri had insisted I go for some shopping with him.

The store was huge, and expensive to my distaste.
I grimaced.

I saw a gown I'd like to own, but the price tag? Well when I make loads of money I'll come back for it.
I was disappointed, I couldn't afford Shit here.

A lady walked up to me, her red hair was styled fancily.
I held my smile in place.
"hello miss can I help you, you've been wandering around like your lost".
I gritted my teeth. "no I'm...... ".
"what's the problem? " Dmitri had cut in.
"oh Mr Angelo is she with you? ". She asked nervously.
"yes ". Dmitri said steering me away from her.

We were just two step away from her, when a male asked " honey who are they?"
"Mr Angelo and his I don't know ".

WTF, did she just describe me as * I don't know *??.
I'm sure Dmitri heard it, cause he walked back to her dragging me along.
"she's my girlfriend ". He said.

My wind pipe was tight, I couldn't breathe, the man standing with the red head was my father.

Our eyes met, his opening up in surprise, mine darkening up with hatred, so this is the woman he left us for, my eyes looked over to the red head, she was tall, well taller than me.

I snorted,
" what are you doing here Megan?, Whoring around? ". He asked with a smirk

Dmitri hands tightened on mine, " Mr man who are you? ".
"oh I'm Charles ".

The red head was fuming, staring me down, I met her gaze defiantly, my mouth forming a snarl.

"let's get out of here Dmitri ".

I dragged him with me out of the store, making a mental note never to come into this store and probably burning it down in the nearest future.

**k*********k

I'm soooooooooooo sorry
Well this chapter is some what short.
Vote
Comment
Thank uuuuu
Kisses 😘