t h i r t y - o n e

nova's pov :

"ethan! don't be mean. get him the right flavor!"

"ok, ok. can i have that flavor please?"

the girl nods and i see her eyeing down ethan, making me feel intimidated and tiny, in a weird way.

"is she eyeing me down nova?" ethan whispers to me

i don't answer and i watch her put the ice cream in the to-go cup.

"n." he nudges my side gently

"o-oh! ya, i think so." i chuckle

"you ok?" he asks

i nod quickly and run to the cash register, ready to pay.

"no, no. i'm paying." ethan grabs onto my arm and pulls me backwards

the girl stares at ethan's hand that's placed on my arm and i shrug him off, plastering on a fake smile. ethan notices my change of a mood and he looks up, seeing the girl staring directly at us. without saying anything, he rolls his eyes and throws a twenty on the counter and grabs our bag of ice cream and grabs onto my hand, heading towards the front door.

"w-wait! can i have your number?"

"i have a girlfriend!" he yells back and walks out the front door with me

"god." he whispers

"what?" i laugh

"she was just..."

"something else." i smile

he nods and laughs, making me laugh with him. i look down at our intertwined hands and notice that he didn't let go since we left the ice cream shop. i smile and he begins to swing our hands up and down as we walk.

"grayson! give me the fucking remote!" perla yells

i stare at them with a stern and annoyed look and ethan laughs at my reaction.

"they always fucking fight! it's so annoying!"

perla and grayson finally notice our presence and i scoff.

"finally! you notice."

i throw grayson and perla their ice cream cups and they yell in shock.

"that could've spilled you know!" grayson yells

i roll my eyes and grab my ice cream out of the bag, also handing ethan's his.

"ooooo, look who's mad." perla teases

i grab a pillow off of the bed and throw it at her, making her jaw drop wide. i chuckle at her reaction and she sticks her tongue out at me, making me stick out mine.

"you guys fight like kids." ethan says

"do you want us to rip each other's hair out then?" i ask

"no but... fight better." grayson says

ethan and grayson laugh and perla and i roll our eyes, chuckling slightly.