f o u r t y - s i x

song : everytime by ariana grande

nova's pov :

"so... can i see you before you leave?"

i nod my head and play with the bangle rested on my wrist, scared to look up and meet his eyes. i hear him shuffle in his seat and he grabs onto my hand and holds onto my chin, tilting my head up to meet his eyes.

"i had a lot of fun today." he smiles

i blush and he chuckles, noticing and i laugh along. i see him inch closer to me and i stay in my position, afraid to move and wondering if i even wanted this to happen or not.

his lips part, almost meeting mine when his elbow hits the alarm.

"shit!"

he stumbles back, shocked and out of breath and i laugh, staring at the alarm.

"i'm sorry." he chuckles

"no, no. it's ok." i laugh

a long silence goes by and i build up enough courage to give him a kiss on his cheek. once pulling away, his lips part and he chuckles. i see a light red tint forming on his cheeks and i chuckle, waving him off and getting out of the car.

"tell us, tell us, tell us!" perla shouts

ethan and grayson roll their eyes and jump onto the bed.

"i wanna keep it to myself." i blush

"she's blushing! oh god. she's blushing." perla points

ethan makes eye contact for a brief second and then looks away. i clear my throat and nervously play with the zipper of my pants.

"where is alison?" i ask

"left. she had to be back home because her family's going on a trip. they invited me but i stayed." ethan says

"... didn't have to say the last part but, ok." perla whispers

i nudged her gently and she rolls her eyes at me, chuckling.

without saying anything, ethan grabs onto my hand and pulls me towards the door of the room. i turn around to look at grayson and perla and they teasingly wink, giving me a thumbs up. my mouth drops but before i can say anything, he pulls me out and the door shuts.

"e-ethan, where are we going?"

he still doesn't answer but keeps walking. soon, we're at the door of his hotel room and he spins me inside, locking the door and then pulling me into a tight hug.

he runs his hands through my hair and i snuggle closer into his neck.

"what's wrong?" i murmur

"i don't know i just... i've missed you so so much n."

my heart flutters and i wrap my arms around his body. he holds even tighter, afraid to let me go and i deeply sigh, smelling his vanilla scent.

"can we just catch up?"

"but we already have-"

"no. like... truly."

i smile and nod, snuggling even closer into him and i feel a smile form on his face, making me chuckle slightly.

~ filler