5: Am I Boring You?

Before I can even open my eyes, I hear faint sounds cutting in and out of my hearing.

A female voice, " . . . arena . . . she's actually fainted you guys," some laughter, and then a male one, saying pretty much the same thing, just with a lot more high-pitched chuckles.

"Really, it's fine, she'll come around," another female voice—Mom. I force my eyes open and her face welcomes me. Brandon and Claudia are behind her, giggling. "See, she's fine," Mom shrugs, looking across her on my other side.

I follow her gaze and see the driver. My face scrunches up in confusion. "What . . . ?" I try to sit up. As I do, the world spins around me and I resort to propping myself up by my elbows. I put a hand on my head. Why were we in a room now? Where is this?

"You freaking fainted," Brandon snorts, "just at the sound of his name." Claudia giggles beside him, shakes her head and starts typing on her phone. At the sound of whose name?

Mom scolds Brandon with a look, making him mime zipping his mouth. He nods once and Mom looks back at me. "You feeling okay?"

"A little light-headed," I groan. "What happened?"

I vividly remember going for a stroll around the city, taking pictures with Claudia, getting into a car with that weird driver, him answering that we were going to—oh shit. Oh shit. Oh fųck.

My wide eyes settle on Mom and a slow smile creeps up on her face. I look at Brandon and the same is on his.

"This isn't a prank, right? 'Cause I swear to God—"

Brandon butts in, a full-blown grin on his face. "It's not a prank, Kennedy. I got this sponsorship from this website, they offer cheaper tix to concerts and all that. Figured you'd want to see Harry after all your crazy tweets about him."

"Brandon, you're—"

"I know I'm the best," he says cheekily.

And I have to say, he is, although if anyone ever told him that I said that, I'd deny it. He's a great guy . . . despite all his annoying tendencies, and he really does look out for everyone special to him. I stare at him and cannot help but feel the need to get that smug look off of his face.

"No, you're a dick," a chuckle escapes me even when I try to keep a straight face, "why didn't you tell me about it sooner?"

"That's the idea of a surprise, Kennedy," Claudia says, scooting closer.

"Are we really?" I ask tentatively. And they all give me an enthusiastic nod, even the driver.

I can't help it, I shriek in excitement. Oh my God, finally! I honestly can't believe I'll get to see him live! I can't contain the glee emanating from inside me. For how many years, I've been wanting to be in a One Direction or Harry Styles concert but had never had enough finances to actually be in one.

We hadn't had an easy life growing up, to be honest. The budget was tight, parents split up, it was a mess. Yet somehow, we managed, not destroying each other in the process. Mom played the biggest role in all of that. She'd always made sure to keep us disciplined and well-mannered (okay, we'll not well-mannered exactly, but to respond according to how we were treated).

Youtube, in a way, has saved us and is continuing to. It wouldn't last forever, I know that, but I'd like to enjoy it while it lasts. Now, with the Youtube money that keeps coming in, we actually can get to enjoy some luxuries we really haven't before. Like this—Harry Styles live for his album, Fine Line.

I can't get my head wrapped around it. I remember singing to 1D's songs in Claudia and I's room literally 24/7. The very first phone I got, I put Harry as the wallpaper, I had stickers, mugs, and some shirts too! Some of them I still wear up to this day, although most of them don't fit anymore and I've turned into cropped tops.