7: Home to the Cats

The constant beeping and vibrating of my phone had ultimately stopped since I'd had it turned off. Still, my heart had not ceased beating rapidly ever since he'd gotten up and close with my face earlier.

Jesus Christ, I snap back to present and he still was, as were thousands of other girls. Fųck, somebody get me out of here. He was crouched down again and clicking his tongue. "Whatever shall we do, Kennedy?"

The cameras were back on us, getting our faces plastered up on the big screens onstage. I feel my stomach drop upon seeing my face up there.

"Please stop," I say to him with a laugh.

"He's so into you," Claudia whispers in my ear. I swat her away and she giggles. "It's so obvious, Kennedy." I swat her for the second time.

"Did you just say 'please stop'?" People from the arena scream as he changes his tone upon saying 'please stop'.

"Stop!" I drawl in exasperation but a chuckle escapes me right as I finish.

Harry smirks. "Are you getting shy, Kennedy?" I nod enthusiastically, covering my face with my hands. "Awww, she's getting shy," I watch in horror as Harry does not make any move to stand up, but instead sits his ass down on the stage, his legs dangling by the edge as he situates himself right in front of me. "I think I'm going to sing the next song right here."

The crowd goes wild, and even wilder when he grins his shit-eating grin and starts swinging his legs back and forth like a kid. Brandon just laughs beside me, checking his phone. Harry frowns at that, but seems to move on immediately as a light bulb moment happens in his head.

"Don't be shy," he coos before addressing the audience, "everybody on three—no, after three, I want you all to say 'Hi Kennedyyyyy'" he looks at my face and obviously sees the embarrassment coloring my cheeks. "Alright! One! Two! Three!"

He and thousands of other people yell "Hi Kennedy" in unison. A satisfied look is on his face. When he looks back at me though, his face is a cross between confused and amused. "What's happening?" He yells at me without a mic.

"I think I'm gonna faint!" I laugh, because I do feel like fainting. I do feel suffocated and more than a little overwhelmed with all this attention that all of a sudden feels inescapable and closing in on me from all angles.

Brandon and Claudia immediately hold onto both of my arms. "Ken, you serious?" And I nod at him. I grip his wrists to keep myself steady as I start to sway on my feet. I hear him yell, "Can you send medic over?"

Claudia's voice fills my head too. "Just hold on, Kennedy. Try to take deep breaths." I do as she instructs, trying to level my breathing and get it in sync with hers. Brandon starts rubbing my back.

Mom squeezes in with her phone to her ear, babbling and telling the person on the other line about my case. Best guess, that was the in-house doctor.

I sneak a glance at Harry and he looked surprised, panicky, and I dare to assume a little guilty. It makes me want to laugh right back at him if only I wasn't like five seconds away from falling to the ground. Oh, I was making an impression, alright.

Seconds pass and some marshals come over to our side with a wheelchair. I stare at it incredulously. "I'm not leaving in that!" Despite the gravity of the situation, we all manage to laugh. Claudia waves away the person who brought it in. Mom finishes up her call with a reassurance that we'll be there in the private room soon.

"Sure you can manage to walk?" Brandon asks, and I nod at him. They start to escort us away and I look at Harry on the way out. He was watching us, worry on his face.