6: Oops

"Hello there, am I boring you?" Harry asks, his eyes on Mom.

What. The. Actual. Flying. Fuck. Claudia and I simultaneously look over at her with disbelief. Is this seriously happening? This is so fucking hilarious!

Claudia grabs my arm and starts giggling, and so does Brandon who starts full-on cackling when Mom looks at us with an expression that says "a little help here?" without wanting to look obvious.

Well, she couldn't have been any more obvious than a red brick in a wall of concrete. I try to rein in my laughter but fail miserably.

"Well, am I?" Harry asks again. My Mom yells 'no' over the screams from our portion of the audience. "No? Then why are you on the phone all the damn time?" He teases good-naturedly. Laughter erupts from the arena and I can see cellphone cameras trained on Mom, eager to record this whole exchange.

He imitates Mom on her phone, typing furiously while her head was down, earning a laugh from everybody.

"I'm texting a potential boyfriend!" Mom replies loudly.

A pause from Harry. "I'm sorry, you're what?" He couldn't keep in the chuckle bubbling from him. The fans reiterate what Mom had said, believing that Harry didn't hear it, but something about his movements tells me he did and he's found it funny.

"Oh my God," I mutter. This is so freaking embarrassing. Claudia whispers something to me that I couldn't quite catch but we end up in a fit of laughter anyway because of Mom's facial expression.

"I'm texting a potential boyfriend!" she repeats.

"A potential boyfriend?" Harry asks, pressing the back of his hand on the bridge of his nose. The rest of the arena's now laughing along with him.

God, he looks so adorable! His boyish grin is hidden behind the mic he's holding but his dimple is clear as day.

We see the big screens on stage change up from Harry to Mom and she laughs for a bit, seeing herself, and then it's like a bulb goes off in her head, and she points to her right—to us. She looks for the camera and continuously points towards us. Brandon is laughing hysterically at her panicked expression and I'm covering my face with my hands.

"What are you pointing at?" Harry's voice comes through with an amused tone.

Mom snatches up that opportunity. "My kids!"

The camera does pan up to us and immediately I see us three on the big screens. Jesus Christ, this is gonna be so humiliating.

"Your kids?" Harry repeats, then he turns his body towards us, "Are you aware your Mum's been texting a potential boyfriend while she's at my show?"

Brandon and Claudia nod yes, their laughter dying down but I couldn't still rein mine in, and our new-found attention is making me uncomfortable, so I turn away and hide my face behind Claudia's head.

Although it would be hilarious as hell, I surely don't want to be remembered by Harry as one of those whose Moms got bored on his show.

"Kennedy!" I perk up as I hear unfamiliar voices shout my name. I find a group of girls not so far from where we are that are collectively yelling my name and looking at me. Oh my God, people have recognized me. I force myself to calm down before waving at them—must be Youtube subscribers. Although they smiled in recognition, confusion filled me when they hadn't stopped calling my name.

"What?" Harry's voice fills the arena again. "What are you sayin'?" I look at him, trying to figure out who he's talking to. My eyes follow his and zero in on the group of girls. My heart beats faster at the realization of what they're trying to do.