25: Receipts

Hehehe wanted to get this chapter out of my head. Enjoy! 

This chapter is dedicated to (-yourlocalidiot) thank you for going back to literally every chapter and smashing a fingertip on the vote button.  

----

Kennedy Walsh's POV

Painkillers are god-sent, no one can convince me otherwise. The tablets Brandon had given me worked wonders for my migraine and period pains. The intense throbbing from those areas had been minimized to a point of almost numbness, the fog in my head has also been cleared for the time being. It's easier to think more rationally without distracting, nauseating feelings.

It'd also been a few hours since Brandon and I's talk. Surprisingly, he had been a good listener, barely interrupting as I poured a fraction of my heart out and ranted. He tried to hide small cringes every now and then which didn't offend me at all. In fact, it was solid proof that he paid attention to what I was saying. It was weird, and I know it took a lot for him to sit through all the drama unfolding, and maybe—just maybe—I loved him a little more for that.

The sun has set quite early today, seemingly being reflective of my already darkened mood. I would be lying if I said Harry hadn't crossed my mind multiple times since our fight. I instantly wince at the memory of my harsh tone, a wave of guilt washing over me. He didn't deserve it—he was only just looking out for me, for us, and I'd slammed his effort down with venom and inconsideration. He could've easily just dropped me with no explanation whatsoever if he'd been too concerned about his image. And yet he didn't, and I treated him poorly for it.

I had to make things right.

I pick my phone up, trying to ignore the deflation of my heart when I see no texts or calls from him since our last conversation. Just when I start typing a text for him, a notification pops up on the top of my screen.

@corywolberg tagged you in a photo.

Puzzled by which photo it could be, I tap on it, bringing me to his post. Three pictures, the first and most noticeable is of us both in dark robes holding our own respective pieces of sticks—wands—that Brandon had coerced us into wearing and holding for the last video we shot.

 Three pictures, the first and most noticeable is of us both in dark robes holding our own respective pieces of sticks—wands—that Brandon had coerced us into wearing and holding for the last video we shot

corywolberg Don't go tryin to Slytherin to the DMs

nickzhurav idk what I'm casting bruv. It better work though.

The first one I see is Nick's comment which makes me chuckle, noticing that the last picture was of us four, his wand pointed at Claudia and a menacing look on his face. I type in my own comment.

kennedyclairewalsh nick is casting a spell on claudia's lice in the last one

Almost immediately, Cory replies.