❥Chapter 4

Maggie finally comes to stop, and as you look in front you see two students sitting on the floor just talking, but they stop when they notice Maggie and you standing in front of them.

"Maggie, where were you?" A boy asks, He seemed to have a buzz cut and he also seemed pretty tall because of the way he was sitting.

"Yeah you took a while," the girls besides the boy says, picking on the grass on the ground.

"Sorry, I was getting a friend," she says and turns to you, "(Y/n), these are my friends, Ban and Judy."

Judy and Ban happily greet you, it made you feel fuzzy inside, talking to people was something you never expected to do on your first day.

"Come, (Y/n) sit with us," Maggie motions you to sit next to her, but as much as you wanted to you couldn't help but turn your head once again where the bunch of students were.

Your curiosity got the best of you and you needed to make an excuse quick, "sorry... I have to go get something with me real quick, I'll be right back I promise."

"Oh okay that's alright take your time—" you didn't let Maggie finish her sentence and you quickly turn where the fight was.

It still kept going and there was no teacher in sight, it's as if they just vanished when the fight started.

As you got closer you could see how crowded it actually was and how the screaming of students was louder, it was surprising on how the teachers didn't hear that, maybe they were on break? Were they that far that they couldn't hear anything?

You pushed some students aside to see what was the commotion about, and as you got closer you see a tall blond boy fighting for dear life against another boy who was taller than him and way more stronger.

And besides the blond there was another familiar boy that caught your eye, the same boy that was in front of your house sitting the other day. He was all beat and he was curled up in a ball trying his best to cover his face, shaking in fear was all he could do.

The other boy was still standing, shaking but still standing as his glasses were on the floor trying his best to not step on them.

"Beat him up, Josh!"

"Come on just be done with it already!"

Of course they would be cheering them on, you wanted to go there and help but it would be useless, you would end up on the ground the same way as the boy who was protecting himself, maybe even worse.

Luckily the teachers finally appeared, but it was too late when the boy named Josh threw the final punch to the blonde's face sending him to the ground.

The teacher quickly grabs Josh and pulls him back trying to get him away from the two who were on the ground.

"Everyone stay back! Whoever tries to join in will be sent to detention!" The teacher yells the best as he could putting the students in silence, they slowly start to back away, and as he was gonna get close to the two boys, the blond hits the teacher's hand.

He quickly gets up and pulls the other boy up, then he starts to walk away from the crowd, leaving his glasses behind as he pulled his friend with him to another place.

The students started to disperse when the fight was over, and the teacher just dragged the other kid with him to who knows where.

You stood there, feeling bad about not helping, but helping would have led to worse consequences, you slowly make your way to where the glasses were, luckily they weren't that damaged, there was just dirt on them.

You wipe them a little, the best you could do was at least try to find those boys and give the glasses to the owner.

You slowly walk where the two boys went and look for them, praying to not get lost.

__

At this point you didn't care if you skipped classes or if you never went back to your new friends, you still looked for those boys but they were nowhere to be seen.

You were about to go back when you heard a voice behind you, "you doing okay now?"

You slowly turn around and see that there was nothing but a big tree. You swore you heard a voice, there was no way your head was making that up—

"I think so... what about you?"

And there was again, it must be them, you slowly make your way to the tree, you carefully take a peak behind it and there they were, the two boys checking on each other.

"You really made me walk all the way here... are you sure no one will find us here?" The blond boy asks.

"Yeah I'm sure, I made sure no one—" before the brunette boy said anything he hissed in pain, a few sniffles here and there but he kept talking, "—no one followed us."

You turn back, now you weren't sure if you would return the boy's glasses back, you didn't want to ruin their peace, until one of them finally mentions it.

"What about your glasses, Tom? Do you think you're still gonna find them in the same place?"

Your eyebrows raised, that was such perfect timing, maybe you could return those glasses, you slowly move towards them trying to present yourself in a way that it wasn't threatening, "hello." That's all you could say.

But no matter how careful you wanted to be, the boys got startled and quickly get up, the blond boy got up first and he towered over you, "who are you?" He asks in a defensive manner as the brunette was hiding behind him.

You slowly back away and show him the glasses, "I saw the fight back there and... I wanted to return these." You say trying to keep calm.

"Oh!" The boy was surprised, his face suddenly changed to a calm one, his whole body relaxed when he finally realized you weren't there to cause trouble, he slowly smiles and reaches for his glasses, "thank you."

What a way to change emotions.