❥Chapter 9

"What are you thinking about, Tom?"

Tom turns to you, getting out of his trance, he smiles at you and shakes his head, "no nothing, I was just surprised." That's all he said then he waves at you, "I have to go now, see you tomorrow then." Then he walks away, leaving you behind.

You started walking, a heavy feeling was getting on your shoulders, you couldn't pinpoint what it was but you knew it could be something bad, something related to your new friends, your hand made its way to the necklace around your neck you grabbed it tightly, it made you think what would your friend have done if she was still alive?

You finally get home and sit on the couch, a sigh leaves your mouth as you close your eyes, what a day, you expected to make friends but not with those types of troubles swirling around them. You really wish you could help, without getting yourself hurt of course. 

You were glad that Helen was the least to worry about. 

__

"(Y/n), good morning." You were greeted by Helen, this time he stood beside your seat as he looked down at you, you were surprised by the sudden greeting but you smiled and slowly waved at him, "did you sleep well?" He asks.

You were way more surprised at this, this was not the Helen you knew, he changed quite a bit, "yeah I slept well," you replied, "what about you, did you sleep well?" You ask before making an awkward pause.

"Yeah I slept well, I was wondering if you wanted to-" Helen gets cut off suddenly when a boy makes his way in front of you to greet you.

You look up only to see Tom smiling, his golden eyes looking more brighter behind those glasses of his, he looked more cheerful than the past few days, "(Y/n), good morning!" He says as he crouched down to your level since you were sitting, "how are you?" He asks.

You look behind Tom to see if Helen was still there but he went back to his seat, he was still looking at you in the corner of his eye, then you look at Tom and answer before Tom asked you again, "I'm good, you?" You ask.

"Oh I'm doing just great, I got to talk to Aiden after school and he's coming to class today," he smiled even more as he mentioned Aiden, "he looks so much better too."

You smiled a little, relieved that Aiden was finally feeling better. Though you thought the conversation was over but Tom was still crouched down, "did you wanted to tell me something else?" You asked, getting a bit uncomfortable at how Tom was staring at you.

He snapped out of it and shyly shakes his head, "oh no sorry, I'll go back to my seat, let's just wait for Aiden to be here." He gets up and goes back to his seat, before he sat down he glanced down at Helen before sitting in front of him.

You furrowed your eyebrows, he never did that until now, why the sudden staring?

Minutes passed and Aiden finally arrived, you were the first person who he laid his eyes on, he smiled when he saw you and quickly made his way to you and waved, he didn't say anything like the other two and just took a seat beside you.

This was an odd day for you, it felt like the atmosphere suddenly changed and you didn't like it, you felt a lot of eyes looking at your direction, they weren't exactly looking at you but you felt them move looking at someone else.

Your eyes shifted towards Maggie and her friends who were on the right, Ban of course was the first person that was looking in your direction, but his gray eyes were looking at Aiden. You take a look at Aiden who didn't seem to mind and looked so calm, too calm that it was worrying.

Your eyes then move to your left where Helen and Tom were, Tom didn't look worried either he was just as calm and it made you feel... weird.

"Tell me, Aiden how are you feeling?" You ask him as you take a bite out of an apple you took from the cafeteria.

"I'm feeling good, I felt like talking to Tom made me feel so much better when calm." He lets out a happy exhale, in a way of relief, he never looked so happy until now.

"What did you talk about with Tom?" You ask once again, you were curious now, you wanted to ask Tom at the moment you were on lunch time but he was nowhere to be seen.

"I talked to him about what it was bothering me of course," Aiden responds, "it felt like venting was the best thing to do."

"Oh that's good, I'm glad you finally talked–"

"Hello I'm here!" Tom finally arrives, interrupting you and sits next to Aiden and quickly puts an arm around him. "What did I miss?"

"What took you so long?" You ask, wondering where he went.

"I went to the restroom where else?" He responds, a small smirk appearing in his face.

"Jeez there must have been a long line if you took so long." Aiden says as he takes a bite of his food, which made you laugh a little, but Aiden receives a soft punch from Tom as a response.

"Very funny, Aiden." Tom rolls his eyes then he turns to you, "so, (Y/n), do you still talk to Maggie and the others?" This made Aiden stop chewing his food and looked at you, both Tom and him waiting for an answer.

"Well... not really, I only talk to Maggie when I can though." You said. It was true though, you really didn't want to get close to Maggie's friends, to you Maggie seemed the most genuine person to talk to than the two of them.

"I see," Tom says, "well I guess it's for the best, they don't look like great people anyway." He shrugs and steals a bit of food from Aiden. Which made Aiden and him to start a quarrel, you smiled a bit at the sudden fighting they started to have.

You stop as you see a shadow towering you, you look up only to see a person holding a plate above you before they let go of it, the food splattering all over your head.