❥Chapter 6

"What's wrong, (Y/n)?" Maggie asks, concern in her voice.

You quickly turn to her and smile at her, "oh nothing don't worry," you quickly laugh it off.

As you were making your way to your house you looked back at Tom and Aiden, saying how they weren't really likeable people, but why? They seemed nice and they also looked like they would try to stay out of trouble.

As you were thinking that you bumped into someone making your train of thought come to an abrupt stop, you look in front of you and Aiden was right in front of you, startled by the sudden bump, he calmed down when he saw you, a sudden sigh of relief coming out of him, "hi, (Y/n)." He says quietly before fully turning his body to you.

"Hey, Aiden, I was just thinking about you." You say back, this surprised Aiden and tilted his head, "I was wondering why you guys didn't say anything back in school."

"Ah," Aiden pauses and looks to the ground, "well... you see," he seemed to pause a lot when he tried to talk, stammering here and there, "the people you're with doesn't get along with us, that's why we didn't really say anything to you."

Out of all people, those three students were the ones targeting Tom and Aiden, it made sense, that's why they didn't wave at you or anything. But why were they so nice to you, maybe because you were just new?

"I'm sorry to hear that, Aiden." You say in response and start to walk beside him, "but why do they target you out of all people?"

"I don't know," he shrugs, he paused for a bit then starts to talk again, "I actually used to get along with them well when I got here, especially Maggie. Then they turned their backs on me and I don't know why." Aiden looks at you with saddened eyes.

It made you feel bad for him, what if the same thing is gonna happen to you, when they find out that you're hanging out with them? You really didn't care, they were not the type of people you would like to hang out with. You put your hand on Aiden's shoulder and give him a smile, "I prefer to stick with you and Tom to be honest."

"Really?" Aiden asks, his voice showing a hint of surprise at what you said, he was flattered but really surprised at the same time, "wouldn't that change your friendship with the three at school?"

"Hey, those three aren't very important, there are a lot more and better people to make friends with," you laugh a bit, making Aiden laugh too.

"I guess you're right," he nods and looks in front of him, "well see you tomorrow, (Y/n)." He waves at you as he parts way, going to the other side of the sidewalk.

You were surprised at how fast you actually got home, but you wave back at Aiden before getting inside.

__

You finally got home and sat down on the couch, your stomach already full with the dinner your mother made. Now all you had to do was relax and wait for the next day to come.

Though your thoughts were going back to school, Aiden and Tom being victims by your so called friends you made.

You weren't even sure if you wanted to call them friends after finding out what they actually do. Making friends with them wasn't the best choice, you would end up doing whatever they tell you to for sure.

You look down as you were going deep into your thoughts, how long have they been doing this?

Was Helen also getting bullied by them?

You suddenly snap at that thought, what if Helen was also bullied? You furrowed your eyebrows, it didn't look like it, he looked in peace, and he seemed very distant to everyone, and they didn't seem to mind.

Maybe befriending Helen wouldn't be a bad idea at all, like you said before, Maggie and the other two weren't the only students in there to make friends with, you can make more friends with others.

You smile to yourself, thinking how Helen could actually be a good friend, you needed to give it a try, and maybe also make him be friends with Aiden and Tom.

__

Morning arrived fast as lightning, your energy was also up the roof, excitement getting to you as you wanted to hang out with your two friends.

You quickly got ready and make your way to the kitchen to grab your keys, and at this point you weren't even hungry you just wanted to go out and start the day.

Though as you were at the bus stop you didn't see Aiden anywhere, your eyes looking around you even at his house but nothing. You frown a bit, confused that Aiden never appeared.

You finally got to school, and still no signs of Aiden, maybe he overslept? Who knows but you were hoping that he was alright. Hopefully he would arrive to school later.

As your worries were distracting you a certain boy passes by, interrupting your thoughts, you look up and there he was, Helen walking right in front of you. You smile a bit and quickly tap on his shoulder, he tensed up a bit but he turns to you. He was surprised to see you and he slows down to walk in your pace, "good morning, Helen, how are you?"

It looked like he was still processing what just happened, as if this wasn't the usual morning routine for him but then he finally responds back, "I'm good, you?" He asks.

You noticed that he wasn't good at small talk, he looked really awkward when he was talking to you and he was tightly grabbing the strap from his backpack which was hanging on his shoulder. "I'm good," you quickly respond, you weren't good at small talks either and it was making it worse by the way he was looking at you.

It was so tense, so intimidating.