❥Chapter 19

You slowly sit next to Tom, he just followed you with his eyes, watching every single move you made with that serious face of his.

It was silent at first, it wasn't tense or anything, it was weirdly calm. "What did you say to Aiden?" You ask calmly, trying to get an answer out of him and at least try to defend Aiden.

"I didn't say anything wrong, just said what was right." He casually responds as he looks in front of him, a blank wall while avoiding your eyes. He didn't seem intimidated and more like he wanted to get this over with.

"Well whatever you think was right, it wasn't right for Aiden he came to me all upset saying that you said things to him." You say in a bit of a defensive manner.

Tom finally looked at you back with uninterested eyes, he adjusted his glasses a bit before he could get up from the floor, "he was annoying me I just wanted to get things over with him."

Before he could even walk away you quickly stood up and grab his hand in which he pulled back aggressively, his face tense as he looked back at you, "if you don't wanna tell me about what you said to Aiden then would you mind telling me what you said to Helen?" You asked. Of course you tried to defend both your friends, but Helen was more of a priority in your head, he was the first person to pop up before you could talk to Tom.

Tom scoffs and turns his body to you, "why are you suddenly asking about that thief?" He asks.

You furrowed your eyebrows, it's as if Tom was turning on and off like a switch and that made you more angry and you decided to stop playing nice, "you're kind of being a hypocrite here don't you think, weren't you being good friends with him a few days ago?" You started to ask questions now, questions that made Tom quiet.

His mouth was shut tight, but you could tell he was getting mad, his facial expressions, his brows everything about his face told you that you caught him right where you wanted.

He was trying to play the innocent part.

You wanted to say more things but it seemed as if the bell was in Tom's favor and saved him, the sound of the bell ringing made Tom just scoff and walk away, "I don't know what you're on about." That's all he said and walked away.

You could feel your whole body getting hot, anger rising up in you, you didn't have enough words to express your anger or how to call out Tom on his little game. You walked to your next class where you would just see Tom far away from you, hiding in the corner watching as Helen was dealing with his bullies.

Though there was gonna be something that you wouldn't expect to happen.

You finally arrived to your first period, where Aiden was waiting for you and as expected Tom was in the back of the class with his head down, trying to avoid looking at you. That wouldn't stop you, your eyes were completely focused on Tom in which made Aiden worried, he knew you were gonna talk to him and he was scared.

But as soon as you made a step you were pushed back, losing your focus on the person you wanted to talk to, you look in front of you only to see Ban getting up from his seat, you two looking eye to eye. His eyes full of anger.

"So you're defending thieves now?" He asks.

This made Maggie's attention turn to you as she was already in class with her head down, she lifted up a bit to see what was going on.

"What are you talking about now, Ban?" You ask, uninterested to talk to him, you wanted to walk past him but he pushed you a bit harder this time to get your attention.

"You know what I'm talking about. That time you decided to slam that book on my head, and not only that now you want to spread more rumors about me right after that? What a friend you are." He says as he pushes harshly this time, trying to get a reaction from you.

"Ban, please cut it out!" Maggie finally steps in and tries to pull Ban away from you, only for him to shove her aside.

"This has nothing to do with you, Maggie." He yells at Maggie then he quickly turns to you. "I don't know what your problem was, I thought you were cool but I just see another trash talker."

He tried to grab you by the collar of your shirt but you reacted quickly by backing away. This made Ban more angry as he tried to go for another grab before he got pushed aside making him crash against one of the seats and fall to the floor with a hard thud, almost taking the seat with him.

You were surprised to see who it was, for a second you thought it was Maggie but she was just as shocked, you slowly look to your right to see Helen, his stare intense as he saw Ban processing what just happened.

There was something about Helen's eyes that changed, a piercing and cold stare was what you could describe in that boy's eyes. You have seen other emotions in those eyes, pure softness, sadness and happiness but never anger or hatred, and this was the first time you actually saw pure anger in them. You simply couldn't describe it, but you felt slightly scared.

Ban slowly gets up, his height towering over Helen's but he still didn't back away. "What's with that stare, Helen?" Ban asks loudly, but Helen didn't say anything, in return he still gave him that cold stare.

You backed away and noticed that Maggie ran out of the classroom, probably looking for a teacher before another fight breaks out.

But it was too late for that when Ban already grabbed Helen by his shirt.