❥Chapter 12

Ban got up from his seat, and started to scan the floor to see if the watch was dropped somewhere.

Maggie was trying her best to also look for the watch as she comforted Judy.

You tried to ignore the whole thing as you looked at Tom and Aiden messing around, until Ban finally got close to you, you furrowed your eyebrows confused as to why he suddenly got close to your seat, he didn't seem to notice your eyes on him since he was so focused on looking for that watch.

Then something caught his eyes as you saw his eyebrows rise almost to his hairline, "what's this?" He asks as he crouches down and quickly grabs a bag, Helen's bag. This gained Helen's attention as he turned his head to look down at Ban, he also looked confused as his hand tried to reach back for his bag, but Ban quickly pulls it away from his reach and takes out something shiny from it.

Judy's watch.

Judy's face changed from worried to a relieved one, the corners of her mouth tugging up to show a big smile, happy that Ban found her watch, "hey, that's my watch!" She says as she walks up to him and takes the watch carefully. Ban smiled a bit but then his smile turned into a frown as he looked down at Helen, he drops the bag to the floor harshly.

Helen didn't say anything as he looked at Ban in the corner of his eye, his hand holding his pencil in place where his sketchbook was, his lips parted, trying to get a few words out and keep on drawing after, "it wasn't me." That was all he said before he went back to drawing.

Judy didn't seem to believe it, her face showing anger and hatred at Helen, "yeah, right." She scoffs and turns around, her brown long hair following her movements. Ban was still standing, looking at Helen in a way you never did before.

You look in the corner of your eye where Tom and Aiden were, and Tom seemed to be the only one paying attention to what just happened, he furrowed his eyebrows and looked at you confused, you just shrugged, you were getting worried if this was gonna affect Helen.

But now a question was swirling around your mind as you looked at him, why did he had that watch in his bag?

__

It was finally lunch time, you started to look for Helen right after you got your lunch, though you were stopped by Tom who grabbed you by your shoulders and looked at you with a worried face, "(Y/n), who are you looking for?"

You tilted your head, "I'm looking for Helen, of course." You answer, "why are you asking?"

"I don't know, if I were you I wouldn't look for him, not after what he did." He says as he lets go of you, "you should stay away from him, who knows what else he'll do." He scratches the back of his head, "meet me with Aiden in the back of the school I'll tell you more stuff that you need to know."

You blinked a couple of times before Tom walked away, why is he suddenly getting like this? You shook your head, you still looked for Helen anyways, that's just not him to be stealing stuff.

__

"That is not the first time he has done this." Tom says as he takes a bite of his orange chicken, "I have seen him steal a lot of stuff, he was just lucky he didn't get caught until now." As he was talking you turn to Aiden, who looked just as surprised as you were.

"Why didn't you say anything before?" You ask, there was no way Helen steals, it just puts a sour taste in your mouth to hear those words from Tom.

"Who would believe a loser like me?" He asks and points his finger at himself, "they would say that I'm accusing a nice and quiet kid who does nothing but scribble in his little book," he says in a mocking way as he rolls his eyes, "I would get beat way more than I actually do."

"But... that's just so sudden of you to say–" Aiden says but instantly gets cut off when Tom throws him a dirty glare, "–sorry..." he quickly turns away from him and starts to quickly stuff his face with food to get away from saying anything else.

You look down at your food. Nothing made sense, Helen was nothing but a reserved kid, he didn't seem to care about anyone's stuff or anything, he was in his little world doodling away like always.

Tom gets up and leaves his food with Aiden, "take care of this for me, I'm going to the restroom." He says and walks away.

You scuttled towards Aiden and tried to speak softly in case someone was near, "hey... Aiden, do you really think Helen is the type to do that?"

Aiden looks at you with his mouth still full of chicken, but he shakes his head, his also seemed to be in disbelief, he quickly swallows his food and looks at you, "I don't think so... it's weird."

You sigh and look away from Aiden, "I don't know... now I feel bad, but that won't stop me from talking to Helen."

Aiden gives you a worried look and puts a hand on your shoulder, "just be careful... if the others see you talking to him they're gonna start more rumours about you."

"I don't care." You say and turn to him, "they can say whatever they want about me, but they are not gonna finish a friendship because of that."

Aiden looked at you with wide eyes, he pulls his hand away and smiles a little, "I wish I could be like you honestly," he says with a hint of wanting to laugh, "you're really brave..."

You ruffled Aiden's hair playfully, as much as you tried to stop thinking about it your mind kept it there, still talking loudly for everyone to hear, it just didn't add up.

You need to talk to Helen.