❥Chapter 20

This time you didn't hesitate and pushed Ban as hard as you could to protect Helen from getting punched. Now you knew you were involved in this when Ban looked at you way more angrier than before.

Of course Helen didn't want you to get hurt so he stepped in front of you to face Ban once again.

Your heart was beating fast your hand slowly reaching Helen's arm on its own. It was like instinct and this made Helen surprised but his eyes were still on Ban. It wasn't too long until the teacher finally arrived, and Maggie was behind her. The teacher yelling at the two to stop fighting and pulling Ban away from Helen.

A sigh of relief escaped your lips and looked down, the grip you had on Helen's arm softened and then let go. But it wasn't over as the teacher pulled Helen with her too.

Surprised you turn to Maggie who was also worried as she was grabbing her arms to feel comfort then she turns to you, "(Y/n) are you okay?" She asks.

You responded with a single nod as you looked at Helen being taken away. You didn't know how this was gonna turn out, you felt a hand on your shoulder which made you turn around only for Aiden to appear behind you, he was also worried but he understood that Ban was to blame for this and not Helen.

Hours passed until school was finally over. Helen was finally released and didn't think twice to walk up to you when his eyes laid on you. He ran to you and looked you up and down to make sure you were okay.

"I'm fine, Helen don't worry about me." You say as you try to calm him down.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/n) if it wasn't for me you wouldn't get targeted by Ban." He says as he kept checking on you for any bruises.

You grab his hands which made him freeze in an instant, his eyes looked up to you with worry then slowly softened, "I'm fine, I promise." You smile at him and that was enough to calm him down.

You suddenly hear someone call out his name, you look who it was only to see two grown adults approaching you, must have been Helen's parents since he turned around quickly.

"Oh Helen are you alright?" The mother asks. As you look closely you could see how Helen looked so much like her, such strong blue eyes and a very delicate pale skin. Her slim hands making way to touch Helen's face to make sure he was okay.

The father in the other hand was the opposite, he didn't say a word, his looks were also different, a chiseled jawline, his skin slightly brown with such black hair. His black eyes showing tiredness, you would be lying if you said he didn't look scary.

Helen's mom looks at you quickly, her face turning into confusion, "Helen who is this?" She asks.

This made Helen back away a bit, his hand in his back as he was trying to grab yours which surprised you, "this is (Y/n), a friend." He quickly responds, the mother was taken aback and her face suddenly showed surprise. She stayed quiet for a while then looked at her husband.

The husband didn't look back as he was staring at you intently, it felt like his dark eyes were staring at your soul, they looked exactly like Helen's eyes when he was angry, maybe that's where he got it from. The father didn't say anything and just turned around, "let's go home, Helen." He says with his raspy voice.

Helen's face was serious during this tense and awkward situation, "Helen, come on now listen to your dad." The mom says as she tucks a strand of her long black hair behind her ear as she starts to walk away.

Helen hesitated to let go of your hand, he slowly turns to you, "are you sure you're gonna be okay?" He asks softly now holding both of your hands. His eyes showing pure worry and not wanting to be separated from you, "let me know if you need anything."

You slowly nod, getting a bit weirded out from this type of concern that he never showed until now, "like I said I'm gonna be fine. You should get some rest." You say in response just to calm him down a bit.

Once again Helen's mom calls out his name to go with them, Helen slowly lets go of your hand and starts walking away but without making sure that you were still there, throwing glances here and there still showing worry which made you feel slightly uncomfortable.

You didn't understand why he was so worried, you were supposed to be the one worried for him.

Now all you have to do is walk home after a long day, not expecting to be in some fight, as you took a step you hear another voice but this time it was calling out to you, you look to your left to see Aiden running towards you.

You quickly stopped and waited for him until he was finally in front of you, another person worried for your well being, he grabbed you by your shoulders another look of worry and tears on his face. "Are you alright?! I'm so sorry for not doing anything!" He yells out as tears streamed down his face, his grip on your shoulders getting tighter, he really was squeezing you as he was looking at you.

You quickly grabbed his hands and tried to pull away, "Aiden I'm fine! Don't worry about me." You say in response and a bit loud. You were hating this type of attention, feeling like you were helpless in that situation with Ban.

You hated it. But Aiden quickly lets go of you as he realized you were trying to pull away, "I'm sorry..." he says as he looks down, "I'm really sorry I couldn't do anything for you."

He's apologizing way too much.