❥Chapter 24

As you were eating your food your mom sat next to you as she also had her plate with food ready, she noticed you were spacing out and smiled a little, "is there something on your mind, (Y/n)?" she asks as her eyes looked at you.

That made you wake up from your small daydreaming and quickly shake your head, "oh it's nothing mom, just thinking about someone." You respond casually, you couldn't really lie to your mom as she could tell when you were telling the truth or not. "He's a friend of mine, his name is Helen." you say, which made your mom's curious expression turn into a happy one.

"Ever thought about inviting him over?" She asks as she eats her food, patiently waiting for your answer.

"Well... I was thinking if you could help me make something special for him actually." You say softly and smiled, a bit embarrassed to ask such favor to her.

She of course smiled, she was more than happy. She agreed with that and was more than okay to invite him over in a few days.

A few days later...

Morning finally arrived, the sun slowly creeping up giving the clouds different shades of orange and a bit of red, a fresh new day to start as students walked making their way to school. Your footsteps quick as you looked around for Helen, excited to talk to him.

Though your excitement quickly dimmed when you saw two familiar faces from afar, it was no other than Tom and Aiden. Though as they were talking Tom seemed to have a gloomy look on his face, and Aiden, he was easily convinced that something happened since Aiden was quick to believe in whatever Tom was saying to him.

You couldn't make out what they were talking about but it looked like Aiden was about to tear up when Tom finally walked away, Tom glanced at you with saddened eyes and quickly turned away.

You were confused, you look at Aiden who was staring at you back, you furrowed your brows a bit, guilt swirling around you as you remembered what you told him. You slowly walk up to him and just look at him, "hey, Aiden." You say softly and looked down.

"Hey." Aiden responds back as he looked at the titles of the floor awkwardly.

"Aiden..." you stop a bit and you look at him again, "Aiden I'm very sorry about what I said about you days ago... I was just angry and I–" you were quickly interrupted by a warm embrace, Aiden held your shirt tightly, you felt the soft and warm fabric of his hoodie.

"No... I'm sorry for being oblivious to everything." Aiden responds in a muffled voice. You were confused as to why he was apologizing, he didn't need to apologize for anything, you hugged him back accepting the warm hug from his.

Though it didn't last long when you opened your eyes and locked them with a pair of blue eyes not so far away from you. Helen was watching the whole thing, empty cold eyes looking at you and Aiden, you let go of him while your smile grew, confused Aiden looks at you then turns around to see Helen.

Aiden would be lying if he said Helen's stare wasn't scary, he was scared of him in general but that glare was enough to make him back away from (Y/n) for a bit.

"Aiden, I'll be right back I'm gonna talk to Helen." You walked away from Aiden to reach Helen, once he saw you his expression changed to a warm smile, "hey, Helen there you are, I've been looking for you!"

Helen's eyes widened a little, surprised that you were looking for him so early in the morning, he smiles as his blue eyes brightened, he tilted his head in curiosity, "were you really looking for me?" He laughs softly while you two started walking away from the crowd.

"Of course. I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to come over to my house sometime." You ask a little bit nervous but you managed.

Helen stopped and turned to you completely, a small but noticeable smile came from him and nodded, "I would love to." But then his smile changed to a serious expression, "say... has Tom talked to you in the past few days?" He asks.

You frowned a little, you shook your head but still wondering why Helen asked you that, "why do you ask?"

Helen takes out a small note from his pocket, he opens it and shows it to you, "I'm still confused as to why he wants to talk to me now."

"Meet me at the rooftop today after school, we need to talk."

You squinted your eyes to take a closer look at the note, confused to see such thing, "did he say something about me or?"

"Well he said he wanted to talk to you." Helen says who was just as confused. You furrowed your brows, confusion and concern growing more.

"(Y/n), can we talk?" Another voice joins in, it was Aiden who just grabbed you gently by your arm to get your attention, you quickly turn around, not noticing Helen's face changing from confusion to another sort of expression when he saw Aiden, you didn't noticed since you turned around quickly to look at Aiden. But for Aiden he looked a bit scared when he saw Helen's eyes glaring at him, he quietly whispers to you, "please."

You turned to Helen who quickly changed expression, "hey I'll talk to you later okay?" You say and pat his shoulder, "let's talk more after school, that is if you're still here before you go talk to Tom." That was the last thing you said and walked with Aiden to a more private place.

Though Helen didn't like it when Aiden kept trying to keep you away from him, he felt left out, he felt a sort of jealousy when he saw Aiden near you, he did not like it. It felt as if Aiden was doing it on purpose, it was annoying.

He hated Aiden.