❥Chapter 17

"So that's the reason why they stopped talking to us?" Aiden asks.

After school ended you ended up sitting in front of Aiden's house, you talked to him about what happened and what you saw today, he was just sitting next to you as he listened.

You just nodded your head, your head empty after letting it all out, you didn't know how to feel about this situation.

Both Helen and Tom left you right after they started talking.

"I guess I was right about the coincidence part..." Aiden mumbles to himself, he ruffles his brown hair, something was bothering him and he felt like he needed to do something about it, "I think I'm gonna try again and talk to Tom tomorrow." He says.

Your eyes turned to look at his, he looked so serious, something about him changed that made him look different, maybe it was the fact that it bothered him so much that he just needed to do something about it than just watch.

"What about you, (Y/n)?" He asks, "are you gonna talk to Helen too?"

Now that he asked, you might have to talk to him too and see what's going on, why he distanced himself from you, why all of the sudden he decided to stop talking to you for no reason. "Yeah, I think I'm gonna talk to him too, if he doesn't run away from me that is."

Aiden lets out a small laugh, his eyes squinting as he quickly covers his mouth with his hand as his smile grew more, "sorry... the way you said it was a bit funny to me."

You smile too, his laugh cheering you up a bit, "it's fine," you say, "but it's true though, everytime I try to talk to him he runs away."

You two started to slowly change the subject, making jokes here and there and laughing at everything.

Aiden's humor was something else, but it was fun to hear him laugh and making more jokes, making funny gestures with his face and such.

He smiled even more when he made you laugh, he never thought he would make someone laugh this much.

__

Another day at school, this time you were gonna catch Helen and talk to him, that is if he wasn't with Tom.

Ever since you found those two talking they were inseparable, and it hurt a bit.

You finally spotted the dark haired boy drawing in his notebook, hiding under the stairs like always.

You took a deep breath as you saw him, your heart started to beat fast as you walked towards him, each step making your heartbeat louder. You would be lying if you said your hands weren't sweating.

You were finally in front of him, surprisingly his eyes shifted to you, he froze for a bit, his face changed from the calm state to a very surprised one as if he wasn't expecting you to appear in front of him.

"Hello, Helen." You say, "it has been a while, do you mind if I sit next you?"

No answer, only silence filling the air as you stared at each other's eyes.

You decided to sit next to him anyway, and as soon as you sat down Helen closed his notebook quickly, you frowned a bit, your eyes to look at his face, for a moment you thought he would look at you back but he didn't.

In fact he was avoiding to look at you in the eyes and decided to look at the gray tiles on the floor instead, his blue eyes just looking at every object in front of him just to avoid looking at you.

"Helen, why did you stop talking to me?" You ask.

With that question something changed in Helen, as if his breathing paused for a bit, as much as he tried to keep his face straight, his eyebrows would furrow, and his eyes tried to look at you.

Every little movement he made was enough to know that he was actually listening and that he did wanted to answer but he kept his mouth shut. He felt guilt, he felt awful for not talking to you.

You get closer to him trying to make him look at you, he seemed to tense up when you moved your face closer to his.

"Helen, did Tom told you something about me?" And just with that he quickly turns his head to you, blue eyes staring directly at you, his breathing getting faster.

It felt like the world stopped to you when you finally looked at those eyes, there was something so mesmerizing about them, the way they just looked at you, if anything you could stare at them for hours, there was just a lot they wanted to say.

Before you could ask again you were interrupted by a tight grasp, it took you a moment to process until you realized that Helen hugged you. You were frozen in the spot, you had no idea what to do as your face started to heat up, your arms shakily wrapping around him as you felt the fabric of his jacket.

As soon as you returned the hug, Helen hugged you tighter as if he was missing it for days, this hug was something else to him, there was just a lot to say from him but he decides to keep it to himself.

He slowly lets go of the hug, but his hands were gently grabbing your arms as he looked at you, glossy eyes staring at you, he was trying not to cry. His cheeks were red from trying not to cry loudly.

"I'm sorry."

That's all he said as kept looking at you, a small tear falling from his face, he quickly looked down as his black hair covered his face, he didn't want you to look at him like this.

You didn't know what to say, you started to feel guilty as to why he suddenly started crying.

Did you actually do something that hurt him?