~Christmas with Queen and The Beatles~

Queen- 'Rocking around the Christmas tree'-

It was Christmas eve, and you are spending it with with some very special friends-the guys from Queen!! Yes, when your dear friend Freddie Mercury had found out that you had no plans for over the Christmas holidays, he insisted that you come over to his place and join him over at his place and spend it with him and the other Queen members-Brian, Roger and John, would all be over there too of course, and he said that you must come over and spend Christmas eve and all of Christmas day there 'and we''ll all the spend the time laughing, drinking and having the merriest time, darling!!' You thought, well, why not, and you knew that spending it over at Freddie's and in the company of all his other friends, and you knew that, with his love of throwing grand parties and love of making an occasion like Christmas fun, that you would have a good time. And you had been very right in thinking that!! As you had arrived at Freddie's place the morning of Christmas eve, you had been greeted by a very excited and dressed for the occasion Freddie mercury who cheerfully declared that now you were here 'The festivities can begin, dears!!' You were also greeted by warm hugs and cheery 'Merry Christmas!!' from Brian, Roger, and John. As you had thought it would be, the place was buzzing with all the guests that Freddie had invited over, some people whom you recognized, some whom you didn't-and his whole place had been extravagantly decorated, with Christmas lights and tinsel lining the walls of the front hall, and, as you went through to the main sitting room, and a giant Christmas tree, decorated beautifully, stood glittering right in the middle of the room-you could see that he had gone  through a lot of trouble to make the place look festive and christmasy for the occasion. And you admired how wonderful the place looked. Freddie had laid on a whole table full of delicious looking treats for all the guest to help themselves to-which indeed you did-you lost count of the mince pies that you had consumed throughout the evening! Then, suddenly, Freddie announced to everyone that 'And now, it;s  time for a song, dears!! The guys-' He indicated to himself, Brian, Roger and John- 'Would now like to do a rendition of a fab Christmas song for all you lovely dears, and we'd like to see you all dancing and singing along as we play it, darlings!!'

And with that, the very talented group of musicians that you knew and loved, started up playing the opening notes of a classic Christmas track;

You smiled 'Oh, I love this Christmas song!!' 'Let's dance, then!!' another of the guests said to you, and before you could reply, had taken your hand and lead you to join hands by the spectacular Christmas tree, and started to dance to the song, as some other guest came to join you to dance as well, and soon you were all dancing away, gathered around the Christmas tree.

And what a fabulous evening you and the guys had, as you continued to dance away and, ofcourse, much wine was consumed and there was much more laughter to be had throughout the evening..................

***************************************************************************************************

The Beatles- 'Christmas time is here again!!'

December, 1964

'Ahhh, Christmas time is coming round and is practically here already and I'm not nearly ready!!' You had thought to yourself, as you trudged home through the chilly December wind, your boots turning white from the freshly fallen snow that had laid covering the pavement. You were heading home from the busy shops, having spent the day trying to make your way through the crowded and packed shops-yes, you liked this time of year, but this was not your favorite activity-trying to fight your way through crowds in the busy stores was stressful for you, and so was the fact that, despite the fact you spent nearly all day in and out of various stores, you'd only been able to find gifts for half the people whom you planned to buy for on your Christmas list. That fact, added to the fact that Christmas was only  a short week away, and your mood was tense.