~Strawberry fields forever~

'Let me take you down, because I'm going to strawberry fields........strawberry fields forever..........'

What a warm, sunny day it was this afternoon, as the spring sunshine cast a warm glow on everything this spring afternoon. You had decided to take a walk to enjoy the warn sunshine.

You had decided just for this one weekend to come back to visit the place in which you had grown up. Up until your teenage years, you had spent your childhood here. Then when you turned eighteen the time had come for you to move away to pursue studies. However you always knew that you would want to come back here, if only to visit for the places here were full of memories for you.  You had already passed by many places that were familiar to you on your walk, walking past your childhood home, down the local high street-some of the shops there had changed, but others had remained how you had remembered them. You took in the familiar sights, smiling to yourself. As you meandered further down the lane, you decided to take the next turning and took you remembered exactly where this path would take you.

You wandered up the path, and there it was, the familiar sight meet your eyes ; Strawberry fields.

This was the most nostalgic place of all for you out of all the places that you had passed by so far. Strawberry fields had used to be an old children's home; however that had abandoned years ago, and as you remembered it it was large, grassy field that was shaded by large leafy green trees. The entrance to the field was covered by two red gates, and on ether side of the brick walls the name 'Strawberry fields' still was written on the walls. It wasn't generally open for people to visit these days, but you remembered how as a child that sometime the gates would be left open and that would allow you to be able to wander in to enjoy the large open spaces of the field, usually only in the summer months, for at other times the red gates would be shut. 

You could clearly recall how you and a childhood friend had, during the long, sun-filled days of the summer holidays, had wandered down here together to play and enjoy the green spaces. It was a great place for two kids to play in; trees to climb, spaces to run and games of hide an seek to be had. Often you and your friend could spend whole days here; staying until the sun was setting and it began to get dark; meaning it was time to head for home. You could also remember how on the field grew daisy flowers; how you and your friend would pick them to make daisy chains, making flower necklaces and bracelets.

Wanting to get a better look, you walked up closer till you were right up in front of the red gates, and familiar letters of 'Strawberry fields' you could read- the gates seemed smaller to you then you had remembered back then-but then, you had been smaller back then, too. Deciding that you wanted to stay and reminisce some more, you sat down in front of the gates in the warmth of the afternoon sunshine and  started to daydream, as you recalled one particular memory playing here with a friend, of when you must have been aged six or seven years old...........

***********************

'Come on, Lucy!', You called to your childhood friend, as you raced her ahead running into the open red gates of strawberry fields. 'Wait up! Wait for me!!' Lucy called, rushing to catch up, trying to catch her breath. 'Come on! Let's go to that patch of daisy's and pick them and make flower-chains!' And so the two girls ran to the patch of grass, where a abundance of Daisy's grew, and sat themselves down under the tree as they started to pick, one by one, a daisy, or two, or three, shaded from the afternoon sun by the branches above them of the large oak tree. There, the two of you laughed and chatted, then, Lucy had changed the Conversation suddenly;

'Do you think, when we're grown up in years to come, we'll remember this place, and how we used to come here?'

'Ofcourse. I know I will. Actually, I'm sure I will I'll never forget here. I'll even remember this spot, under this tree....'

'And you'll never forget me?'

'No, never, ever!! We'll always have these days and times here......and I'll remember you, and Strawberry Fields, forever and ever.......'

***********************************************************************************************