~ A ticket to ride ~

'I think I'm gonna be sad, I think it's today, yeah......she's got a ticket to ride..........'

Clutching her train ticket in her hand, the girl clambered onto the train, with her packed black bag  hanging on her shoulder. Searching the carriage for a seat, she soon settled on  a seat, and sank down on the soft leather seats, placing her bag in the space next to her.

The girl sighed and glanced out of the window of the train as it started to pull away from the station. It was late, and the darkness of the night surrounded outside. In one way, it reflected her mood. Sadness in one way, but relief and hope for the future in the other. She could see her reflection in the mirror, and in her eyes reflected back at her she could see the same emotions as what she was feeling reflected back at her. Slowly, the train started to pull away from the station, and the wheels on the track started to click along the track.

Click, click........

This was the only other sound apart from the silence that she could hear. The rest of the carriage of this part of the train was empty, as the station had been when she had passed through it earlier. She was the sole person riding in this carriage, as she expected considering the late hour at this time in the evening. The hour was just part midnight, for she had caught the train that was leaving just part midnight. This was what she had planned to do, for she knew that had she tried to leave earlier, her former love would no doubt have tried to stop her from leaving. But she had planned her exit, to sneak out while her love was sleeping, with her pre-packed and prepared bag along with her. This was the only way, she had considered to herself, to finally end it with her long term love, for she could not bring herself for the confrontation and to see the look of heartbreak on her loves face. No, it's much better this way, she thought. 

       Things with her love had not been good for a while. She could no longer say that they were happy together. They hadn't been for a while now. They had been growing apart, and there had been arguments followed by stoney silences. No, far better, she kept thinking to herself, by making them both unhappy by continuing to live this way?

Getting lost further in her thoughts, her mind reflected back to earlier that evening, and how she had left the place where her and love had shared for the past year or so together. How she had slowly crept out of the bedroom, as love lay in their bed, still sleeping. Before she had left the room, she had taken one last glance at the man she had once loved, at the room that they had shared memories together in. She knew that it was now or never. If she didn't move to end it now, she knew she never would, and the unhappiness they were in would continue. Before she had left, however, she had written her once love a note, for him to find once he woke, in which she had tried to explain her reasons for leaving;

'Love, 

Once you find this note, I will already have left. I think that we both know that we have not been getting along together for awhile now. I felt that I had to take this chance to end this now, and spare more unhappiness for both of us. This way we can both move on to better and happier future. I hope you will eventually move on to somebody new, as I wish you to do and hope you will come to forgive me for leaving this way, but I could not continue to live together the way we were doing, and I think you know this too. Please do not try to come looking for me, but know that I will always continue to think of you, and the memories we had. 

Goodbye, love, and may the future bring you happiness one day..........

*************************************************************************************************