~Finding somebody to love ~

'Somebody, anybody...........can anybody find me...........somebody to love?................'

Amy sighed as she got up that morning and prepared for another day to go in to work. She stared at her reflection in the mirror and started to fix her brush out her long blonde hair. Her expression in the mirror looking back at her looked somewhat sad. Since the break up of her relationship, some four months before- she had broken up with her previous boyfriend after she had learned he had been cheating on her- and since then, had been living alone in her small flat. She had been left heartbroken, and her experience had made her wary of entering into any future relationship. She had been keeping herself busy during the day with her work, and trying to see friends as much as she could- but she had to admit, the nights by herself could be long, and sometimes feel lonely. However, at the moment actually looking for another love again was not in her thoughts right now-perhaps it was because of how her previous relationship had ended, making her wary of getting involved with anybody again-there was no way she could go through that kind of heartbreak she had experienced again. 

             She left her house and made her way to the crisp, cool morning outside-wrapping her wool shall around her. She was looking forward to going to work-she loved her job. She worked at a nearby cattery, and she loved working with the cats.  Shortly after she had moved to this neighborhood, she had seen been walking by the cattery one day, and seen that they had put up a 'help wanted' poster, and, as a animal lover, had straight away volunteered herself for the role. And ever since she had started working there, it had become like a second home to her, and as well as knowing everything there was to know about all the cats that they looked after there, she had built up close bonds with the others working there-especially with the owner of the cattery, Maria, who had become somewhat a motherly figure to her. As for the cats they looked after there, some where cats whom had been found abandoned, or kittens born from cats who had been born in homes where the owners simply had not the time or space to keep any more cats. So, in short, the cats were animals in need of loving homes, with caring owners. One of the best parts of her job, infact probably the best part of it, that she loved was when she saw a cat adopted and taken home by a a family or owner to a loving home. Sometime the new owners would give them updates on how the cats or kitten was doing and progressing in their new home, stories which she loved hearing about. If she was honest, though, there was one cat whom had become a special favorite animal to her. She was a beautiful brown and white- tortoiseshell, whom they had named Delilah. Delilah had come to them at the cattery shortly after she had started working there- apparently after her previous owner had had to give her up, after having to have move away. She was a wonderful cat- with a playful, sweet nature, and ever since Amy had first seen her, she had adored the cat- loving going in to see her everyday, and playing with her, and insisting being the one to do her caring and grooming routines-and being the one to feed her. Part of her would love to see her find a happy and loving home with a devoted owner-she knew that Delilah would make a wonderful pet and companion for someone- but then, another part of her didn't want to see her leave, as she would miss not being able to see her and care for her everyday.

             As she made her way into the cattery that morning, the owner, Maria, greeted her 'Good morning, darling! How are you this morning?'

'Good! It's a bit chilly out this morning....'Amy replied.

'It is. Autumn weathers definitely coming I think. Do anything good last night?' Maria asked.

'Well, no, not really.......just my usual evening, really, made dinner, watched a bit of TV.......' Amy replied honestly.

'Oh, my dear.......you know, I'm worried about you. You've been like this since you split up with....well, you know who.....those months ago. You keep spending all these evening on your own......still don't think you're ready to meet somebody new?' Maria said, concern in her voice. She was well aware of how Amy's previous relationship had ended, as Amy had confided in her about it at the time, and she had helped her through when she had needed a shoulder to cry on about the heartbreak she was experiencing at the time.