10. We'll never be friends.

Chapter 10

We'll never be friends.

Song: Title by Meghan Trainor.

~~

It's kind of easy to know if a guy likes you.

∞ He will stare discreetly at you.

∞ He will try to be nice and sweet with you.

∞ He will try to kiss you and be near you.

∞ He will constantly find reasons to text you or talk to you.

∞ His friends might tease him with your name.

Hogwash.

What if he's glaring and not staring?

What if he's rude exactly five minutes after being nice to you?

What if he's ignoring you after trying to suck your face?

What if he texts and talks only when he needs something?

What if his friends don't even talk about you to him?

What the hell does all this mean?

That means you are looking too much into things and spoiling your already spoilt mood. Overthinking causes more problems and kills your happiness. My mind answered.

I groaned sleepily before burying my face deeper into the pillow. Thinking about all this as soon as I woke up turned out to be a bad idea. I rolled on my comfy bed, relishing the feel as my shorts and tank top clad body sunk into the soft bed. My arms roamed over the smooth sheets almost making me moan.

Sometimes I just wish I could marry my bed.

No complications, no stress.

Hell it even keeps me warm at night.

My bed suddenly vibrated and my hands swept the bed searching for my phone. I swear I kept it next to my pillow yesterday night, how did it reach next to my knee?

I tapped the accept button and put it on speaker. Too lazy to hold it near my ear.

"Wassup Janice?" I asked unenthusiastically.

"You won't believe what happened." She whispered as if she was afraid someone would hear her and pull her tongue out.

"Whatever did, it better be good enough to call me on a Sunday morning."

"It's almost noon Joanna." I could imagine Janice rolling her eyes on the other side, making me roll mine.

"Doesn't matter. The school festival's taking a toll on me. It starts tomorrow." I reminded her, knowing she must have forgotten.

"Oh yeah! But that doesn't matter."

I scowled at the phone. "It does matter, I have literally wasted my blood for it."

She chuckled remembering how I had tried to put up a banner because my pride refused to go and ask Bryan for help who was the only one present around and I had sleekly fallen off the long ladder, landed on butt and cut my ankle with the sharp knife laying beside. 'Are you okay? I'll call Janice.' were the only words he spoke to me.

I never wanted to contact a Russian mafia leader so much before.

I glanced at the two bandages donning on my right ankle, one read 'shark bite' and the other 'ninja fight'. I grinned as I saw them, 'crazily clumsy' suited more.

"Anyways this is important." She started. "The Trouble Triggers are in Mrs. Finn's cabin." She spoke urgently. I heard muffling from the other side and recognized them as Logan and Alan's voice.