29. Your password is so predictable.

My Wifi was off! For a whole of 10 days! TEN DAYS! And I have no idea how I survived those horrible days.

I have also added the list of the characters in the first chapter.

And in case any of you have forgotten what happened, here's a short summary.

Joanna Williams is ordered to tutor the bad boy Bryan Cooper (Ace) by Mrs. Finn, the cranky principal. Bryan isn't happy with this since he is famous for hating the female race. But during these study sessions, they discover a few things about each other and get close. On a fine evening she meets Sean O'Connell and develops a minute crush on him.

Bryan later discovers her bucket list and despite Joanna's protests he promises they would complete the whole list. During the school fest, she meets Sean again and soon comes to know that Bryan hates him and the feelings are returned by Sean. Joanna is more than shocked to discover that they are step-brothers.

After a few days when Bryan and Joanna go out to eat (not a date) and he confesses about why he hates the female race so much. Later, Bryan gets a phone call and orders Joanna to stay with him for a week due to reasons unknown. In that one week, a lot of secrets are spread out in the open. Joanna had a twin, Kian, who died in an accident and Bryan had an ex, Anastasia, who was with him in a drug dealing gang. When Joanna comes to know Bryan had re-joined the drug dealing gang and that he might still be in love with Anastasia, she bids him a tearful farewell.

During day three of 'being-away-from-Ace', Joanna realizes she loves him and she can't do anything about it. The same day news comes that the gang members have been arrested except for a few of them.

When they go to a club a few days later, Joanna is almost raped and Sean saves her. When she wakes up the next morning she is greeted with a worried Bryan and after some ignoring Joanna falls for his charms and during skinny dipping at midnight, Bryan asks her out and she agrees. And then blah blah.

After around two months Joanna meets Anastasia at a mall and instantly develops a deeper hatred for her. When Joanna asks about her to Bryan, he assures her that he no longer loves her and says a few cheesy lines they finally do 'it' (sex), more than once. After three hours they are attacked by the missing gang members and shockingly one of them is Alan, Joanna's best friend.

��=��~�

Well then.

Chapter 29.

Your password is so predictable.

~~

I was still looking at my once best friend, Alan McCarthy, in utter bewilderment and distress when Ace stepped towards him, punching him square on the face.

I didn't do anything to protest. I couldn't. I was frozen in complete shock.

"You are a pathetic excuse for a friend." He snarled.

Alan stumbled back from the punch but held himself together. The blank vile expression on Alan's face didn't change. He spat on the ground and looked at Ace with so much hatred that it even shook me to the cores.

"You are a pathetic excuse for a gang member." Alan sneered. I blinked my eyes hoping that the Alan I knew would come back.

Where was the friend who held me when I fell in my freshman gym sessions? Where was the friend who made me smile when I was feeling low? Where was the friend whom my mother adored and let him have the cookies even though he dropped crumbs all over the floor? Where was the friend who acted as Janice's fake boyfriend when she needed to make her ex jealous? Where was the friend who made all of us laugh by his crazy jokes and flirty ways? Where was the friend who was my best friend?