23. You and Anastasia are so similar.

Chapter 23.

You and Anastasia are so similar.

~~

Recap:

My rescuer turned to as if realizing for the first time that I was still there. He grunted, throwing another punch and got up, kicking his rib. The pervert was totally unresponsive, hopefully fainted but not dead. I didn't want to be in a court as a live witness for the murder of a guy who almost took my virginity unwillingly.

My knight in shining armour took a tentative step near me and his face came nearer, I gasped. "Sean?"

~

I stared at the person who saved the creation of an atrocious memory, Sean O'Connell, in pure shock. He was the last person I was expecting to even come here, saving me was beyond notion. I blinked, wondering if my drunk eyes were playing 'Guess Who? Not him'. One look at his slight smirk and black eyes I was thoroughly sure it was Sean O'Connell, Bryan Cooper's step-brother and Anastasia's ex fling or whatever it is that they had.

I blinked twice. "What- How?" I muttered unintelligibly.

His smirk transformed into a sad smile. "Hey, I may be mean and stingy but I wouldn't let a girl get raped especially the girl I like." He paused when he heard a shocked gasp leave my lips. "As a friend." He continued with a smirk.

"Sean..." I started, not knowing what to say, my emotions still in a jumbled mess, a mess worse than my bedroom chair. Which is saying something. I really to clean it up.

He raised his hand to stop my awkward talk. "I know Joanna. Bryan told you everything and now you hate me, I don't blame you. I got it when you ignored all my messages and calls."

I felt a pang of guilt hit my heart. Even though we hadn't met a lot, I knew quite a lot about him and that he was fun to be with. But he had also treated the guy I love with such deep animosity, stole his girlfriend, lied to him and didn't do anything when his mother treated Bryan inexcusably, I couldn't forget that. Well now that same guy is treating me in the same way. Oh the irony!

"You and Anastasia are so similar." He whispered in a trance. I froze, my throat clogging. No! Not that girl again. But he, immune to my dreadful thoughts, continued.

"She was also so lively...just like you. Smart, beautiful, witty, sarcastic, willing to try new things and emotional at times. And yet you two are so different. She can hold a grudge." He let out a shaky laugh. "I would know, she still hates me and doesn't even look at me. But you are standing here patiently listening to me." His eyes grazed into mine with indeterminable emotions.

That was one thing common between these two incredibly hot step-brothers. Their eyes either held too much emotions to identify or were completely blank.

This time it was the prior.

"I actually liked her even though Bryan won't ever believe me. But she never liked me back, not really anyways. I was jealous, jealous that Bryan always got his way. He was so strong and hard headed. Even after my mother's tortures he could face her without a blink. He never stepped back. I wanted to be that strong. I was so weak that I would do everything my mother asked me to do even if I didn't like it. But he, he didn't give a damn about others. He did what he wanted, the others go to hell. He was better and he got Anastasia. And then he lost her." He looked at me with a suddenly dark expression. "And it's happening again."

My heart skipped a beat. What does that mean?

"He is Bryan Cooper and he always gets what he wants." His face clouded, his voice turning aggressive. "He'll get you back Joanna."