Telling

Katniss' PoV:
(She is 3 months pregnant now).
Today was the day we told Haymitch. Today was the day that everything could change. If Haymitch didn't want to be committed in our baby's life, it would destroy me. Although he is a drunken, he understands me and my messed up mind. He knows what horrors the games caused. I needed him to be ok with this whole concept. We wanted him to give up alcohol and to be a godfather to this baby, but if he wasn't going to stop drinking we would have to ask someone else.

Making our way out of the house, my sweat lubricated the grip of our hands between Peeta and myself.

"Hey, it feels like a waterfall when I touch your hands. Calm down Katniss." He said laughing.

I stopped in my tracks, struggling to breathe.
Peeta gripped both of my arms with his hands.

"Breathe. Breathe Katniss." He said. I took every fresh inhale of air I could.

"Even if he doesn't like this, he will in the end. Effie will make him." He said making me laugh slightly.

We entered his house. It stank as usual.
He was watching some crap on Tv so Peeta knocked on the pillar next to him.

"Knock knock." He said.

"What?" He said.

"We need to tell you something." I said.

"Come sit." He said, patting the couch.

We both sat down and braced ourselves for the worst to come.

"We don't know how you're going to react, but...I am...pregnant. Peeta is going to be a dad and I'm going to be a mum." (A.N I'm British so it's mum not mom)

He looked shocked alright. But not the type where he'd through a bottle of scotch at you.

"Finally! You made sense and went for that boy!" He said.

I was so confused. Was he mad? Was he happy? Was he angry? Was he alright with it?
He could read the expressions on both our faces.

"For goodness sake, I'm happy for you two." He said laughing.

Me and Peeta both let out a sigh. Then we all starting laughing.

"Congratulations both of you." He raised from his seat and hugged both of us.

"You'll be a great mother sweetheart." He said whispering in my ear as we embraced in a hug.

"So how far along are you?" He asked sitting back down.

"About 3 months, so 12 weeks." I said happily. 
"Although the morning sickness isn't treating me well." I said giggling.

"Well you've done well hiding it!" Haymitch said smiling.

"Haymitch, can I ask you one thing?" Peeta said.

"Sure." He said.

"Could you stop drinking for one reason?" Peeta paused for a moment.

"Would you be the godfather to this baby?" Peeta said touching my small bump.

"Well I suppose the drink is going to run out soon enough right?" He said.

"Is that a yes?" I asked.

"Yes, I would love to. But only if Effie is a godmother." He said.

"Of course." We both said in unison.

————
Making our way out of the door, I stepped in front and planted my feet on the doorstep just waiting for Peeta to return.

Peeta's PoV:
As I was walking to the door, Haymitch grabbed my hand into a handshake and patted my back whilst saying: "Good job. Well done." He said smirking. I laughed to myself, as I walked out of his front door to see the beautiful love of my life.