Crave.

Katniss' Pov:
The wedding night celebration.

The moon was nearing the sky, closing in on all that surrounded. The campfire was the only source of light that lit up the black night sky. A lot of District 12 had gone home, but at-least 20 remained around the campfire. Mostly familiar faces were all I saw; people from the hob and a few previous peacekeepers. Annie had taken Rose and Finn home so they could get to sleep early. The atmosphere was warm with everyone quietly murmuring to each other. I was sat on a fallen tree trunk, leaning my head on Peeta's shoulder and his leaning on my head. He still had his suit on, but simply unbuttoned his shirt by 1 button and took his tie off, twiddling it around his fingers. I changed into a simple knee-length white lace dress, with crested jewels threaded onto the bottom of the hem.

"I wonder how Annie is, alone in a big house." Peeta said with his head leaned on mine.

"I'm sure she's fine." I said.

"I can't believe Rose will be 2 soon." Peeta said talking quietly.

"Me neither." I replied.

"Would you ever considering having another kid?" Peeta asked me. I was confused as to why he asked me such a random question, but decided to answer anyway.

"Yes. I'd like a boy, to remind me of his father." I said, making him smile.

"I suppose I've got Rose to remind me of you." He said, as I nodded gently.

"I've loved today so much. I'm so thrilled to call you my husband; the bread boy." I said smiling.

"The bread boy? Seriously?" He said laughing.

"Yeah the bread boy, has a ring to it." I said making us both chuckle.

I could see Haymitch near a few people he obviously knew. But he wasn't drunk. I could tell by the way he was politely stood and the way people were around him, that he was sober.

Me and Peeta watched everyone chatting, as our heads rested on each other. It was so blissful, which correlated to our moods.

"How long do you think people will stay out? We need to clear the chair tomorrow." Peeta said.

"Apparently some volunteers have agreed to clean up tomorrow. They'll all be gone in a few hours." I said.

"That's kind of them." He said.

Peeta yawned, making it contagious. I also yawned, and ached for my warm bed with my husband.

"I feel like slipping away and going back home." I said.

"Me too." He replied.

"I'm just going to thank everyone and then we'll go." He said rising from his seat and kissing my forehead.

Peeta raised his voice. "Attention everyone." The meadow fell quiet.

"Me and Katniss are rather tired so we're heading home, but I'd like to thank you everyone for attending. It wouldn't have been possible without you. Again thank you, goodnight and stay safe!" He said.

He gently grabbed my hand and hoisted me up from the ground, making our way home.

——————-

Me and Peeta both strolled upstairs reminiscing the quiet of the place, with Annie, Rose and Finn all fast asleep. I shut the door. Peeta took his shirt and trousers off, leaving him in his boxers. He sat on the bed sighing, probably from excursion and tiredness.

I strolled over to my dresser, staring at my gold ring. It was stunning. A band that symbolised love and symmetry in two people, that became one. I slipped my dress off, leaving me in my undergarments to Peeta. I quickly slithered into my nightdress.

"You're beautiful with no clothes on you know?" Peeta said smirking.

"With that attitude, you deserve no bread for a week, no a month!" I said running up to him and sitting on his knee.

I gently leaned in for a kiss, with our lips touching. He grasped my back and ran his fingers through my hair. I felt the cold gold band on his finger, touch my ear. Mine had become warm now, with my feelings heating it up.

I remembered in the cave, the kiss we shared had passion, but I didn't crave more. I didn't want the whole of Panem knowing my secrets so they could change me. There were thousands of different emotions on the earth and they all belonged to individual people, but my emotions with Peeta were not secretive. They were sporadical and crazy, but juxtaposed how I felt about him. I only felt one emotion for Peeta. Love. But now, I craved more. The kiss in the cave was for practice. Was for no meaning. I pulled away shortly after, as I knew that Panem was watching. But now, no one was watching. I could crave as much as I wanted. And crave, I did...