Coming home.

Peeta's PoV:
It's been a day since Katniss saw Gale in District 2. She said it was awkward at first, but she felt good after doing it. I felt shattered, from stress and worry that Katniss will break down from stress and worry too.

We were just nearing home, when she came up to me with Rose in her arms.

"I'm so glad to be home." She said to me.

"Me too." I replied.

"I've packed everything so we just need the suitcase and we'll be fine." I said.

"Thank you." She said.

"Let's go and put our coats on. It'll be cold."

I nodded.

——————

Stepping off the train, I was so happy. I had my daughter and Katniss. The sun was gleaming, with only a few clouds in the sky. The morning was beautiful.

"I'm looking forward to seeing you more Effie." Katniss said, as we were walking to the car.

"Oh my dear, me too." She said trotting along.

"Just simply kick me out when you are tired of my voice." She said.

"I could never be tired of you, but I don't know about Peeta." She said laughing. Effie didn't look too pleased, but then took it as a joke and started to chuckle with Katniss and then Haymitch joined along.

When Katniss laughed, her smile exploded, leaving a ream of happiness implanted over her face. Her hair was glistening in the sun. She was so heavenly stunning. I was staring at her now as we neared the car. She caught my eyes fixated to hers.

"What?" She said, trying to not laugh anymore.

"You're so beautiful." I said in a calming and stunned voice.
Her face relaxed and a gentle smile crept onto her face trying to justify a reason to my statement but knowing that she wouldn't win, she stayed muted.

She kissed my cheek and climbed into the car.

"Let's go home." She said smiling.
Haymitch and Effie followed us in the car behind.

The engine started up and we were soon moving.

Katniss was cradling Rose in her arms. She hadn't slept very well the last few days, leaving Katniss looking tired and pale.

Rose's voice grew agitated and fussy. I knew she was going to start crying again. Katniss closed her eyes and leaned her head back, almost praying for her to be quiet.

"Do you want me to take her?" I asked.

"Yes please." She said handing me Rose.

"I know we're only 10 minutes from home, but close your eyes." I instructed.

I rocked Rose in my arms, soon calming her down. Katniss leant on my shoulder, soon declining her nerves and sending her off into a deep sleep.

—————

The car stopped as it parked outside our home. Katniss was fast asleep and I had no intentions of waking her up.

Effie came to the door and opened it.

"Would you like me to take Rose?" She asked whispering,

"Yes please." I responded.

She took Rose and went into the house with our suitcase,leaving Haymitch with their things, and going to his house to drop them off. I slowly slid away from Katniss and gently picked her up, bridal style, walking into the house. She nuzzled her head slightly and mumbled something to me.

"Stay with me." She said.
Of course I responded with one thing only: "Always."