fourteen

fourteen
————

harry and draco met again in the greenhouse that night.

because he'd slept almost all day, harry was wide awake when night came.

he sat in the common room for a while, wondering if it was too early to see draco. he didn't know what time draco normally went, and he would have no reason to go if the blond wasn't there.

but he didn't want to go too late.

what if draco got lonely?

he didn't want draco to be lonely.

groaning, he plopped onto a soft couch and attempted to read his book.

of course, his thoughts soon drifted to a certain blond.

draco always seemed to have his attention these days.

he sighed, closing his book and standing up.

it was only 11pm, but harry couldn't wait any longer or he'd go mad.

he had to restrain himself fron running, anticipation mirrored in his every action.

he couldn't help the beaming smile that formed on his face when he caught sight of platinum hair and a boy surrounded by plants.

"what's got you so happy, harry?" the blond asked once harry plopped down next to him.

"oh uh...i just feel energized tonight i guess...must be cause i slept so long." he ruffled his hair bashfully.

"mm, glad i made you skip classes aren't you?" draco asked with a smug gleam to his eyes.

harry bit his bottom lip and nodded.

"yeah."

"harry potter admitting i'm right. i thought i'd never see the day." draco's signature smirk returned.

"i didn't think i'd see it either. but a lot of things are surprising me lately."

"me?" he questioned with a quirked brow.

"i...i think you...most of all. you're very mysterious." he laughed, observing the other boy's relaxed form.

"ha, if only thirteen year old draco could hear you say that. he wanted desperately to be cool and edgy."

"well he only had to wait a few more years. you're naturally edgy now."

draco smiled lazily. "you're crazy harry."

"so are you."

"hardly crazier than you. you gryffindors are all barking mad. stupid, the whole lot of you." he joked.

"am i stupid?"

draco might have been worried that he'd offended harry if not for the playful twinkle to his irises, and the soft smile on his lips.

"maybe the most stupid of them all," draco pondered with a gentle sigh. he stared at harry curiously under the moonlight. he looked like a fairy tale. "or the least. i'm still figuring you out harry potter."